Chapter Sixteen

I got home around midnight that night. I changed into my pajamas and got ready for bed. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I saw my phone screen flashing. I grabbed it and saw a text from Darren. It said: "Night Lay. See you at work tomorrow/later today. Thanks for being my best friend here again."

I smiled and texted back: "Night Dar. See you at work. Thank you for being my best friend here again."

The next day, I got up and got ready for another day at work. I drove to the studio and saw I had a couple minutes before I had to start. So I texted Jaime, Lauren, Kinley, and Kayla saying: "Darren and I made up!! We're friends again!"

Kayla was the first to text back, as she's usually the first person I know to be awake: "That's great Lay! I need to talk to you about wedding stuff soon too!"

I checked my schedule and saw four of my favorite cast members; Chris Colfer, Darren, Lea Michele, and Cory Monteith. I grabbed my equipment and went to Lea's dressing room.

After I was done with Lea and Chris, I went to Darren's dressing room. I walked in and Darren joked, "Didn't your parents ever teach you to knock?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Whatever Darren."

Darren grinned and willingly went to the chair to get ready. As I got him ready, we caught up even more than we did the night before. Before I let Darren leave, I joked, "You know, you're a pretty good singer. Have you ever thought of becoming famous?"

He laughed and asked, "What do you want Lay?"

I answered, "I honestly really do like your voice. Do you think that you'd make me a mixed CD of you singing? You can even put songs that you sang on Glee on it."

"Of course Lay. That's not a problem," Darren smiled.

We looked at the time and he said, "I should get to the set."

"And I should get to Cory," I said.

We hugged and went our separate ways. I went to Cory's dressing room and knocked. He called, "Come on in!"

I walked in and greeted, "Hey Cory!"

"Hey Layla," he responded back with a smile and hugged me.

While I got him ready, we talked about the Vancouver Canucks match, things coming up in our lives, and, of course, his fiancée, Lea. Once he was ready, I walked him to the set where Lea and the rest of the cast was waiting for him. Lea came up to him, pecked his lips, gave me a smile, and pulled him over to the director.

As I watched the chemistry between Lea and Cory, I felt my phone vibrate. I had four text messages. One from Lauren, one from Kinley, one from Jaime, and one from Darren.

I opened the one from Lauren first: "I'm so glad you and Darren are friends again!"

Next was Kinley's: "I'm glad you two made up! I need to tell you some stuff!"

Then Jaime's: "I'm glad. I didn't want you two to be awkward forever."

Finally Darren's said: "Wanna hang out later?"

I smiled and texted him back: "Sure. Your place?"

He responded: "Sounds good. Let me know when you're done with work. See you later Lay. :)"

I smiled and texted: "See you later Dar. :)"

---------------------------------------------

I had to add a little bit of Cory in here, with his passing and all (R.I.P.).

So yesterday, I was playing on a different team than this weekend. My teammate (who got called out at home against our school rival) was umpiring my game. She called the exact same thing that the umpires called against her on me! But she doesn't like me anyway. And I don't like her in return. So we're all good.

Anyway. Vote, comment, and recommend!

Thanks for reading!

~Sarah