Chapter Seventeen

After work, I went home to change into something comfortable and went right over to Darren's place. I parked my car in his driveway and walked into his house. Darren was in the kitchen making pizza rolls and popcorn. He saw me and ran to come give me a hug. When he went back to the food, I asked, "What are we gonna be doing tonight?"

"It's a surprise," he told me as he handed me the bowl with the pizza rolls.

I followed him to the living room where he had his laptop connected to the TV. We sat on the couch and I asked, "What's going on?"

He responded, "Well, in June, the Starkids were in Portland at Leaky-Con. We decided to give the fans a surprise. We did A Very Potter Senior Year."

"So there's a third one now?" I asked.

"Sort of. The only people who've seen it, we're the ones at Leaky-Con. Nick and Matt just sent me the final copy of the musical before it goes online."

I smiled, "That's so cool!"

"The only thing, is that we didn't have many props and we looked at the script almost the entire time, well I did at least."

"That's perfectly okay with me," I smiled. Darren smiled back at me and pressed play on his laptop.

When the musical was done, I was in tears. It was such a happy ending. I would have to text Walker telling him about the great job he did as Voldemort. I got up to go to my car, when Darren said, "Lay. It's midnight. I'm not letting you drive home this late."

"Darren. I have to get home and to bed. I have work tomorrow morning," I explained.

"Then stay here tonight and you can go home in the morning for a change of clothes," Darren said.

"Do you have work tomorrow?"

"No. But I'd be happy to get up with you tomorrow."

"Alright. Where am I staying?" I sighed.

He led me through the house to a room. I opened the door and walked into a very comfortable looking room. Darren stood in the doorway and I told him, "Thank you Dar."

"No problem. Do you need something else to sleep in?"

"No. This is fine," I said, motioning to what I was wearing.

"There are extra toothbrushes under the sink and toothpaste in the drawer on the right."

"Alright. Thanks again Darren," I replied with a smile.

"Anytime Layla," he grinned and left the room.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Once I was done, I went back to the guest room and got into bed. I grabbed my phone and texted Joe: "Darren showed me the final copy of A Very Potter Senior Year. You did a great job!"

He almost instantly texted me back: "Thanks Lay! Kin and I are getting together later this week. I'm going to Minnesota to visit her."

I responded: "That's great! Night Joe."

I set an alarm on my phone and fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------

Alright. Well, they're getting closer! I've got more planned out for them.

I've got another game tonight and tomorrow and a tournament this weekend and it all starts again next week. I'm trying my best to make as many updates as I can. So I apologize if the chapters are short and crappy.

Please vote, comment, and recommend! Thanks for reading!

~Sarah