Chapter Six

It's been a week and I've settled into my job nicely. I've been writing to "D" and we're now pen pals. Darren and I have gotten closer. I now consider him one of my best friends.

I got to Darren's house and knocked on the door. He opened it and said, "You're here! I was just about to call them."

He led me to the living room and we sat on the couch. Darren grabbed his laptop and pressed the call button.

The call was accepted and a face popped up on the screen. His hair was longer and darker, his jaw was crooked, and he was eating. He said to Darren, "It's about time you called!"

"Sorry Joey. I've been hanging out with the new costume designer. She's actually here right now," Darren explained.

Joey called to the other people he was with, "Guys! Darren's brought a girl!"

I laughed and I heard footsteps on the other side. Darren out the laptop between us. There were five people on the screen, including Joey. I greeted, "Hi."

Joe, the guy who played Umbridge, flirted, "Hello beautiful."

I laughed and introduced, "Hi. I'm Layla."

Out of the five people, there were two girls and three guys. One of the girls greeted, "Hi Layla. I'm Jaime."

I waved and the other girl gushed, "I'm Lauren. Oh my gosh, you're so pretty! I love your eyes!"

I laughed and said, "Thanks. I love your hair."

Lauren grinned. The man I didn't know had brown hair and blue eyes. He introduced with a smile, "I'm one of many Brians in this place."

I smiled back and they asked me questions like where I went to college, where I was from, and if I was single (courtesy of Joe).

I learned that Lauren was a very bubbly, hyper person. She loved rainbows and unicorns. She also played Draco in the musicals.

Jaime was a very caring and trustworthy person. She was calm most of the time and played Ginny.

Joe was very flirtatious. He liked to get drunk, not so much that he would be considered an alcoholic, and a good person all around. He played both Voldemort and Umbridge.

Brian was very sweet and thoughtful. He loved to write, sing, and act. He played Lupin.

Joey was just downright hysterical. He couldn't stop making me laugh. He played Ron.

Before they signed off of Skype, we exchanged numbers. They said that they were planning to visit soon. By the time they got off, it was 10 o'clock. I told Darren, "I'm going to go home. I have off tomorrow, but I'm exhausted."

"Alright," he sighed.

Darren walked me to the door and hugged me. He told me, "Night Lay."

I hugged him back and told him, "Night Dar."

Instead of going home right away, I decided to stop at the pond. I sat on the chair in the shack and looked at the moon's reflection in the water.

----------------------------------------------

Hey. Sorry I haven't been on all weekend. My sister had a tournament and I had practice. I just finished my last final, so no more school!! For this year anyway.

This isn't the longest chapter, but I wanted some of the other Starkids in here. How am I doing on this? If you like it, if you could recommend it to other people that would be great!

Thanks!

Sarah