Chapter Five

"Stop moving around!" Spencer screamed. His irises looked black in the dim light, making it seem like his pupils had all but dissolved.

Scratches were scattered along his torso, red with irritation. Some were deep, but most of them were shallow, showing where the other boy had gotten tired of fighting.

The smaller boy's face was dirty, but clean where tears had washed away the dirt. His eyes were red and puffy. There was no light in them.

Spencer laughed as he held the other boys hands above his head, pinning him to the bed beneath him.

He leaned in close to the male, whispering, "You're so pretty like this, Eitan."

"Eitan? Eitan!" A pair of hands shook me as I shoot up, my face already damp with tears.

The dream had ripped a gasp from my throat. The hands that shook me sent sparks up my arms, making me hiss. Not again, please, not again! I thought as I screamed.

A pair of arms snaked around my waist, pulling me against someone. The smell of smoke was practically suffocating me, but it made my heart flutter.

"Eitan, what's wrong?" A voice whispered. They had a thick accent. Russian or Polish.

I sobbed, digging my short nails into the persons arms. They didn't stop me.

I cried, "I don't want to! Please, I don't want to!" My hiccups were practically choking me.

It's him. Oh god, please don't be him! I thought.

Suddenly, I was facing my "attacker". His eyes had dark circles under them, fear shined in his eyes. His teal colored hair was astray.

Piotr cupped my face in his hands, inspecting me. In a frightened voice, he said, "Whats wrong?" His words made me cry even harder. I couldn't look him in the eyes.

A soft pressure was placed on my forehead, making my heart race. Piotr pulled me to his bare chest, where I rested my hand over his heart. Faintly, I could feel it pulse under my palm.

Piotr rested one hand on mine, the one that covered his heart. We stayed like that for what seemed like hours, though it was no more than five minutes.

In a hushed voice, the other male said, "You're okay. As long as I'm still kicking, you're going to be okay." A feeling of wetness was placed on the bare skin of my shoulder.

--

After what seemed like forever, I finally calmed down. I was choosing to ignore Piotr, but he was very persistent on getting me to tell him about my dream.

"Eitan, come on!" He whined. We were walking in the woods where we had fallen asleep. I was looking for any kind of sign of game.

I glanced back at the man, eyes narrowed. He was carrying my clothes in his hands. He was shirtless.

No. Our mind link was open, but I was the only one using it. Piotr grumbled, stomping behind me.

Crack!

I stopped immediately, making Piotr almost trip over me. I shot him a glare. Looking around, I tried to find the source of the sound. I couldn't.

Stop acting like a child, I have to feed people. I growled, continuing my hunt.

Piotr replied, "You're the one who won't talk to me!" I could hear the anger in his raspy voice. If I was in my other form, I would be cowering.