Chapter 6 / Safe... For Now

**Note: The end times events portrayed in this story are based off of those predicted in the Bible. They are not necessarily in the right order and may not correspond exactly with Biblical prophecy. For further study into the rapture, I would suggest going through a published study book on Revelation.

-------------- 

Please vote and comment after you read! I pray that this story will help you grow closer to God, wherever you are. (: 

--------------

Kyle's POV

Alisa collapsed onto Kyle. He held her silently, uncomprehending. What was going on? In less than 24 hours, the entire world had fallen apart around him. He clenched his teeth angrily, wishing he could do something to fix it. But he couldn't. His fiancé seemed to sense his distress. She pulled away, tears streaming down her face. Kyle hugged her tighter, the despair of losing Summer finally setting in. He had come to think of her as his daughter, and even though they'd had more than their share of arguments, he really cared about her.

Suddenly, Summer barreled around the corner of Haley's house. She threw on her jacket and flip flops and hurried over to the car. Kyle wrenched the door open and gripped Summer's shoulders.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" he attempted to sound angry, but his voice cracked and he settled on hugging Summer, holding her close. Alisa stumbled out of the car in a daze and embraced her daughter passionately. Normally Kyle would have grounded her, but now didn't seem like the time. He was overwhelmed with sheer joy that his little family survived whatever had happened.

"I'm so glad you guys are okay," Kyle sighed, voicing the feelings deep in his heart.

Summer was erupting with the urge to tell her parents that she had been saved. The excitement hadn't worn off, and it was all she could do to keep from running in circles. She waited patiently for her parents' hug to end. She felt her mom stiffen.

"Summer, you're grounded for-"

"Haley's gone," Summer blurted. The loss of her best friend hadn't really sunk in yet. It was all too fresh. Summer had dealt with the deaths of countless loved ones throughout her life, but this was different. Haley was like her sister. It seemed as if Haley would come running out the front door to greet them, like nothing had happened.

But everything had happened. The most monumentous event in the history of mankind, to be exact.