Chapter 5 / Amazing Grace

**Note: The end times events portrayed in this story are based off of those predicted in the Bible. They are not necessarily in the right order and may not correspond exactly with Biblical prophecy. For further study into the rapture, I would suggest going through a published study book on Revelation.

-------------- 

Please vote and comment after you read! I pray that this story will help you grow closer to God, wherever you are. (: 

--------------

Summer's POV

Summer stared up at the sky, strewn with millions of bright stars. She was lying on the worn-down trampoline in Haley's backyard. A river of questions swam through her mind. She knew exactly what had happened... Haley had been going on about it for weeks after she returned from church camp. The rapture. Christ returning to Earth for the ones that belonged to him. Summer let out a sob. She knew deep in her heart that she had never truly believed in God, or accepted Jesus's free gift of eternal life from dying on the cross. She'd gone to church, sang the songs, gone through all the motions... but she had never really spent much time reading the Bible, praying or actually trying to develop a personal relationship with God. Summer thought of how happy Haley had been when Summer had told her that she believed, and how it was all such a lie.

She sat up and held her knees to her chest, rocking back and forth. Finally, she felt the tears slide down her face, and she kneeled down and cried. "God... I'm so sorry..." she sobbed, knowing that what she did couldn't be forgiven. She suddenly remembered something Haley had told her just a few days earlier.

"Isn't it amazing how God forgives everything that we do?" Haley whispered in awe. Summer mentally sighed. Right in the middle of them laughing or having fun, Haley would randomly ruin it and start talking about God. Haley went on about something Jesus did, but Summer wasn't paying attention. She just wanted to return to the days before Haley went to church camp and had gotten crazy about God and sins and religion.

Summer solemnly bowed her head. The weight of her guilt nearly crushed her. "God... I know I don't deserve anything from you..." she choked up for a moment, then continued. "But... please, forgive me. I want to live for you. Use me for your kingdom. I believe that you died on the cross for my sins... and... I accept your gift of life!" She gasped in surprise when she felt the weight on her heart suddenly vanish. Her tears continued to fall, and for the first time since before she could remember, she felt completely at peace. I wish Haley were here to see this. 

Kyle's POV

Kyle and his fiancé, Alisa, sat at their new dining table quietly. America was in chaos, and no one knew for sure what was going on. People were disappearing all over the world. The only thing they knew was that something had happened in Washington, D.C. and there was a high possibility of some kind of terrorist attack. They had been trying to reach Summer for over three hours since she had gone to her friend's house, but she hadn't answered her phone and they were worried she had vanished, too. Haley and her parents didn't answer their phones, either.

"I'm going to drive over there," Kyle murmured, still in shock over the disappearance of most of his family. Alisa nodded. She hadn't had much family left before everything happened, but everyone she knew of was accounted for.

"I'm coming too," Alisa whispered. She was distraught; if anything had happened to her only daughter, she didn't know what she was going to do. They got in the car and picked their way around wrecked cars and loose dogs.

"Where are all these cars and dogs coming from?" Kyle snapped, frustrated.

"I guess the people they belong to disappeared as well..." Alisa didn't know what to think. She was logically-minded, like Kyle. There had to be a reasonable explanation for what was happening, but she wasn't coming up with any answers.

"STOP!" Alisa screamed. Kyle slammed on the brakes when they saw Summer's shoes and jacket laying on Haley's lawn.