Chapter 3 / Reunited

**Note: The end times events portrayed in this story are based off of those predicted in the Bible. They are not necessarily in the right order and may not correspond exactly with Biblical prophecy. For further study into the rapture, I would suggest going through a published study book on Revelation.

-------------- 

Please vote and comment after you read! I pray that this story will help you grow closer to God, wherever you are. (: 

--------------

Haley's POV

Everyone in all of heaven was singing praise to God, flying around joyfully and dancing with one another. The current song was an unbelievable mix of "Live Out Loud," "Big House," and "Lose My Soul." Tanner sat closest to Jesus, his little voice beautiful and strong. I felt the Holy Spirit soaring inside all of us, and I joined the dance. I was amazed at how great my voice sounded. I had never been much of a singer, but my Earth days felt like such a distant memory it didn't matter.

I leaped into the air and flew through the beautiful clouds with my dog, Teddy, who had died when I was twelve. Suddenly, Jesus stood up and raised his hands. "It is time," he declared. I knew in my heart what was about to happen. Everyone gathered around God and Jesus expectantly. I nearly tripped over a small boy at my feet.

"Haley!" he screamed, and catapulted into my arms.

"Jacob!" I exclaimed, and hugged him fiercely. "I'm so glad you're here!"

"Wow! This place is amazing." Jacob laughed aloud, spinning in circles as if everything around him might disappear at any second. We approached Jesus. He was hugging a beautiful young woman with long brown hair. She turned to face us.

"Haley, Jacob," she whispered through her tears and held us close. It was at that moment that I realized that she was a younger version of my mom. Her wrinkles were erased, and she looked like she did in old pictures from before I was born.

"Look!" I pointed at the sky above us. Millions of people were flying into the gates of heaven, adding their voices to the never-ending song. I was giggling uncontrollably from the sheer absurdity of it all. I was finally, really, truly in heaven with my Creator forever! And I had just witnessed Christ taking up all of his children on the Earth to be with Him.

"Haley!" I whirled around to see my mom embracing a handsome man. He took me into his arms, and I nearly burst into tears. I knew those eyes.