Well...Not Anymore: Chapter 11

A/N--I've removed the pic of Drew that was originally here due to all the hate :/ Apparently I don't have a very popular type of guy lol. Just use your imagination people, you don't have to stick to what I see in my head! That's the magic of stories! But yeah, I want the comments on here to be about the chapter and not the pic. I didn't delete the comments because that'd be kinda rude, but I'm hoping to not see anymore! There's a pic on an earlier chapter that didn't get so much hate, so if you're curious as to how I see Drew, there you go :)

"So are you ready for the best date of your life?" Drew asks me teasingly as I climb into the passenger seat of his car the next night after work. Since Drew told me a few days ago that wearing my Converse would be fine, I figured that it'd be okay to wear the same thing that I did to school on our date. Although I'm sure there's this universal girl rule out there that says that this is a huge no-no, I honestly don't care. 

I had an amazing time at work today and hadn't wanted to leave early just to change. 

And no, it's not because of the boy who I'd been laughing with the entire afternoon. I'm not going to admit to that because I know it's only going to come back and bite me in the butt if I admit to liking spending time with him again.  

No, for now I'm going to say that I worked on the afternoon of my first date ever so that I can save for college. It makes me sound smarter and not quite as pathetic.  

But Lucas and I did have a really fun afternoon; that much I will admit. Zara was out because of a dentist appointment so Lucas somehow convinced me to put the closed sign up an hour early so that we could blare the radio across the store and sing along like complete losers. Hell, I think we even threw a few dance moves back in there. 

Thinking about it makes me look out of the window towards the shop, and as soon as I do I see Lucas standing at the store window that faces us. When he sees that he's caught my eye, he gives me a slight smile, but it's not the kind of smile that he'd been giving me inside. Earlier his smiles had been filled with pure happiness, a thing I haven't seen from him in a long time. This one, though, is fake.  

I give him a slight wave and a smile of my own before turning back to Drew, back to the guy who hasn't broken my heart and who's about to take me on my first ever date. I say in response to his earlier question, "What? Taylor Lautner's going to be there?" 

"Ha ha," he says sarcastically before placing that damn hand of his onto my knee. Good Lord, is this some kind of fetish for him? Does he just love girl's knees or something?  

"But seriously though," I say, my curiosity getting the better of me, "Where are we going?" 

"Just wait," he says with that teasing smile of his gracing his lips. "You'll love it, though, trust me." 

I narrow my eyes at him in a playfully threatening manner, "I better." 

Only ten minutes later, after a car ride filled with him asking me simple questions about myself-thankfully he didn't really ask much about my parents except for if they had any other kids-and him singing the radio softly to himself-surprisingly he has a pretty good voice-we pull into a parking lot and I immediately press myself to the glass of the window to see where he's taken me.  

I see the laser green and blue sign that says Laser Tag Emporium immediately and can't help but let out a little squeal of excitement. I absolutely love this place. Lucas and I used to come all of the time when we got bored of going to the movies or hanging out at his house. His parents would drop us off here with two twenty dollar bills and we'd spend an entire afternoon shooting each other in the dark and eating nachos in the lobby. I haven't been since our friendship ended, though, and haven't really thought too much of it.