Chapter 9- Masks

We arrived in Volterra it was two weeks until Swan's second birthday I wanted to be home in time to allow her to have a birthday party. I wasn't sure what to expect today I didn't know how the Volturi was going to accept Swan but I certainly wasn't allowing them to hurt my family.

"Now Swan we are going to meet some vampires that are strict with rules I want you to stay with Laurent at all times" I told her crouching down to her level.

"Daddy keep me safe?" She asked I nodded my head then turned to Alex and Max. They were walking with me then everyone else was surrounding Swan and Laurent. I led the way through Volturi's castle I didn't really care what it was called I had a job proving my daughter was not a threat to our world. We walked through tunnels leading underground I checked my family once more each holding they loved ones protectively, Laurent was comforting Swan but everyone was focused on what was going to happen.

They was a little reception everything was bright warm colours browns and reds. What caught my attention was the tapping sound of a key-bored I turned my head to see a girl typing away unaware of us. She looked young with tanned skin, very pretty. Brown eyes then healthy, shiny, long black hair. She was human... why would she be here... she wants to be. I walked over to the desk when she finally realised my presence I took it that she was the Voltui's secretary proving she would worthy enough to become us.

"Can I help you?" She asked I noticed her eyes scanning me over then looking into my eyes with confusion, I guess she's never seen a vampire that hunts humans before. Yet she is sitting they with a smile across her face, she would be dinner.

"Yes were here to see the Voltrui"

"Well I'm afraid they already booked up for today" I clenched my fists together holding back my anger. She leant away from me knowing I wasn't the one to mess with but yet she wasn't running.

"Come on" I called my family leading them to the two wooden doors in front of me. I guess I would just have to go find them myself since humans are useless, they always were.

"You can't go in there!" She called after me we carried on though it's not like she could stop us. I pushed the doors open to find a room made from stone, pillars were everywhere making the room look like a room from a castle. Stone steps lead up to a little platform where three thrones sat. In those three thrones were the three leading Volturi members with eyes on me in shock. The guards stood around in defensive positions around they masters, I winked at Jane causing her to growl.

"This is a lovely surprised" Aro looked at me smiling then my family until his eyes landed on Swan "Oh, my"

"An immortal child, she needs to be destroyed along with the family" Caius spat I growled at him how dare he talk about my family like that.

"She was born not bitten she grows every single day, watch your mouth Caius" I spat back.

"Now now let's keep calm they must be an explanation to this but Isabella you possible can't think we would believe that, it's impossible" Aro laughed causing me to growl.

"Look, see the blood flow in her cheeks, the beating of her heart, she is crying right now scared!" I hissed I looked back to my daughter she was sobbing into Laurent's chest. I hated seeing her scared but we had to do this to make sure she is safe.

"I'll prove it my son Max can show your our past, read someone's thoughts we have been searching for answers she is no threat and is certainly no immortal child" I walked with Max over to the Aro were he offered his hand. Aro took it as I watched him see the past of our days in Brazil then Swan growing up.

"It's true" Aro whispered in shock he turned to his confused brothers "She is no immortal child, she was conceived by a male vampire and a human"

"How is that even possible?" Caius asked.