I Kicked A Vampire - Part 14

Chapter 14:

.:Bailey:.

I think the easiest way to wake her up is, strangely enough, to pinch her. If I tell her I'm going to pinch her and then do it and pull her out (all assuming that's what I do to get her out, my understanding of all this is still a little fuzzy) she might just think that it was me pinching her to wake her up and wont question it. She seems the inquisitive type who wont let 'I don't know...because?' lie as an answer.

"Okay. Uh, well Allie. I'm going to do it now." I explain with a quiet voice, being so close to her is getting me all blah, I feel as if I could go flying everywhere at once at any moment.

She laughs slightly, "Look. Just do it, you're acting as if it's this big ass thing like we're having sex for the first time or something. Now hurry up."

I stare at her, shocked at her bluntness, "Ahh...right okay." I pinch her, as at the same time, kind of do a mental tug at her own mind as I escape.

Opening my eyes, I gaze down at her expectantly, but my heart drops into my stomach when I see her with eyes closed and no longer breathing. Her heartbeat is fading...fast!

"What? NO! Allie? ALLIE! Oh god not again!" I let out a strangled sob as I shake her rather violently.

.:Victoria:.

What?

At Adrian's words, I drop the teacup I was grasping between my fingers, barely acknowledging the pretty somewhat glittery sound it makes as it shatters into thousands of pieces on the hardwood floor.

"NO!" I gasp as I spin around and move past a worried looking McCourt family, "I should have known Isaac would be up to something! I should not have left Darren's side!" I sob.

On my way past, I hear sobbing coming from the bedroom. Something's not right. Why is everything bad happening today?!

"I'm truly sorry but I'm afraid I must depart." I explain to the McCourt's as I rush down the stairs and out of the house.

.:Isaac:.

Darren has been my superior for too long. Now it's time to show everyone just how 'superior' their beloved king truly is.

"What of Alyssa dear brother?" he enquires as we wander around the gardens.

Roses, black as night are growing. The only color that will willingly grow around our kind.

Human's don't seem to properly grasp the idea that plants/nature are living things. They have feelings, experience emotions. Do you think trees like to be cut down and used as chairs? I think that if humans could hear them scream with every thud of the axe that they would be a bit more wary of what punishments they bestow upon this planet. Roses and other flowers, don't grow around vampires. Apparently we give them bad feelings, black roses (who are linked with death and sorrow) don't really give a damn what we are. Hence the fact you will only ever see black roses around the vampire kingdom.

"Well brother-" I spit the word, "Nothing really. I simply wished you to know that we have proof of her inappropriate usage of her talents." Time for the sob story pity act, "She..."

Darren's eyes grow wide, "She what brother? Isaac what is wrong?"

Talent comes in many forms. Whether it be wandering the dreams of others or creating fake tears to ensure belief in a lie.

Wiping my eyes, I embrace him, "My daughter...on my travels many years ago I met a woman...I did not know! It was impossible to mate with humans, but...it happened. She had my daughter and...and Alyssa has killed her." I exclaim. I've always been rather good at dramatizing. I mean, when your 'parents' spend all their time cooing over their REAL son, what else is there to do except obsess over Shakespeare and practice with the maids?