I Kicked A Vampire - Part 7

I must warn you that if you are bothered by suicide/wrist cutting then be wary. I thought I'd tell you that because sometimes it hurts people to read this sort of thing, though I tried not to go into too much detail (like I usually do).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 7:

.:Bailey:.

I reach the house after following her scent.

I can't believe she made it to Emerald City. That is an amazing feat in itself for a human who is wounded in such a way, but to actually survive the vampires hanging around waiting for an innocent such as herself to feed upon, that's just...well my respect for her has just gone up.

Standing outside, I gaze up at the 'tiny' house that she is hiding within...sitting only metres away from me.

I can hear her heart, it's beating so loudly, so strongly that I can almost feel it.

I hear giggling.

She's happy?

Shouldn't I leave the poor girl to be happy? If she's not in trou-

The door swings open and I stare at the vampire male in shock.

He glares at me, "Your highness." He mutters curtly.

My eyes widen, "I uh...I'm here to colle-"

"My name is Kyle." He introduces himself, cutting me off oh so rudely, "And I know you're here for Allie."

My expression darkens, "Oh you do, do you? " I question him with an unimpressed tone.

Kyle raises an eyebrow, "I just want you to know something. My wife and I have no children of our own due to the fact she's human."

If my heart were beating, it would have stopped just then.

"That's ille-"

"Illegal, I know. She's been hiding in this house for about 18 years and she's been perfectly safe. I love her very much and because I love her, I brought Allison back to her. Lizzie has wanted a child since before we were married, but she sacrificed motherhood to be with me. Allie is our chance." Kyle finishes, his expression still straight.

I feel bad.

Not because of his wife not having children.

But because I'm taking her anyway.

.:Lizzie:.

Allie and me are watching television in the living room.

I've decided that if I had a daughter, I'd want her to be exactly like Allison. She's perfect. She's smiley, she's good mannered, she's sweet and funny...

"Hey Liz, can I make some popcorn and can we watch a movie?" she enquires.

I nod, grinning at her, "Sure hon."

Her eyes light up, "Thanks mom!" she freezes, "Oh...oh my god..."

Tears well up in my own eyes, "You called me mom..." I don't think I've ever been happier than this moment...apart from my wedding day, that was pretty good.

Suddenly Allie bursts into tears and I wrap my arms around her, attempting to comfort her, "Oh no! Sweetheart, I'm happy you called me that!" I exclaim.

She shakes her head and shoves me away from her, "NO! Let go of me...I know you like it. It's ME who doesn't! You are NOT my mother! She is back in Crystal Valley probably crying her eyes out because of me! I'm missing! I'm breaking her heart! She spent her life taking care of me and my siblings and how do I repay her?! BY CALLING ANOTHER WOMAN MOM?!" she sobs brokenly.