Explanation

A.N: Yeah I know late update again please don't throw food at me, well unless it's Jammie Dodgers they are welcome to be thrown :) I'm really sorry for the late update but i have 3 excuses, I've been sick, I've had a fair amount of school work and in fairness I did ask for 5 votes for the last chapter which I didn't get. Come on guys I got 5 votes for the first chapters. I'm asking for 5 votes for this chapter for the next update. First 2 comments will get a dedication. Also this is just a filler chapter, the next one will be an adventure I promise but I just wanted to get regeneration out of the way.

Disclaimer: I don't own Doctor Who although there is many I time I wish I did! However Leah and any plots not from the series are mine, and if you steel them I may have to send the Silence after you :)

Here's the next chapter, Share, vote, comment, enjoy. Allons-y :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

Doctor's P.O.V

I stood there with my mouth open, my daughter had just regenerated, how was that possible, the Dalek's shot should have killed her. I looked into her now crystal blue eyes, "But that was, but you just" was all I could manage to stutter.

"How what?" she asked me just as confused I saw her start to lean to the side a bit "I think I, I need too" she started before starting to fall, I caught her before she could hit the floor.

I carried Leah to her room so she could rest, still confused on how she regenerated. I bent down and kissed her forehead. "First regeneration always the worst" I muttered as I left the room

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leah's P.O.V

I woke up in my room having no idea what just happened. How could I be here I thought I got shot, am I dead? No I can't be i'm in my bedroom in the TARDIS. Then I remembered, the burning sensation that ran through my body. What happened?

I slowly sat up and looked in the mirror across from my bed. I nearly feel out of the bed in shock. I looked completely different my hair was longer and blonde, compaired to my old shoulder length jet black hair. Instead of my green eyes, I had Crystal blue ones and my skin was slightly paler but I wasn't sure whether that was just from the shock.

I got out of bed and realised I was taller too a good couple of centimetres taller at least. My shorts and t-shirt were all ripped so I decided to have a shower and get changed.

I jumped out of the shower and put on a pair of jeans and a tank top, I slipped on my red converse and put my hair up into a loose pony tail. I stopped and looked in the mirror before grabbing my TARDIS blue hoodie from the end of the bed and walking down to the console room.

I stopped at the top of the stairs leading down to the console and watched my father working for a bit.

"Ah your awake" he called cheerily not even turning around. I hated when he did that, he used to always do it when I was a kid, when I tried to sneak out of my room or take that one cookie before dinner.

"yeah" I said going to hug him

"What was that for?" he asked with a small smile as we pulled out of the hug

"Because I could" I smiled up at him "Actually I wanted to ask you a question" I said uncertainly

"What is it?" my father asked me confused

"I um, I just want to ask what happened back there, I mean before, when I um I got ah shot by the, the Dalek" I stuttered

"Oh" he started "I knew I should have told you before I just I um..." I cut him off before he could say anymore

"Dad, I don't mind that you didn't tell me, obviously you had a reason but I'd like to know, now that whatever this is has happened to me" I said even though I really wanted to know why he hadn't told me earlier as well.

"Right well come sit down then and I'll explain" he said gesturing to the two chairs at the console, funny how the TARDIS always adds something when it's needed. We both went and sat down as my father started to explain.

"Okay well when a Timelord is dying, we do this thing to sort of cheat death called regeneration. It's basically where our whole body heals itself, but with that we kind of rewrite our D.N.A as well so that's why we change. Regeneration still feels like dying though, it burns and that can take a few go's to get used to, but I don't suggest trying to regenerate apart from the fact it hurts, there's only a certain amount of times we can regenerate" he finished

I just sat there staring at him for a second, "so basically your saying we can't die?" I asked still not exactly sure about we he had just said.

"Well no because we still can die, as I said before we can only regenerate so many times and if we get killed again in the middle of regeneration then we die" He explained patiently

"Okay, so basically like a cat with 9 lives?" I asked

"yes, but more than 9 lives and I hate cats so not like a cat with 9 lives at all really" he said with his thinking face.

I just laughed at him and jumped of the chair, "so where are we going to go next?" I asked with a grin

"Oh I don't know yet, maybe set her on Random?" he asked me

"Yes Please!!" I said jumping up and down like a two year old getting lollies "I love it when we put it on random, more of an adventure"

"Right then" he said with a smile as he ran around the console pushing buttons and pulling levers "Random it is!" and with one last pull of a lever we were thrown through the vortex.

A.N: I know it's short but as I said it was just a filler chapter and again I promise the next chapter will be an adventure. Well that's all I have to say at the moment apart form reminding you 5 votes and first 2 comments get a dedication.

Share, vote, comment, enjoy! Allons-y :)