Chapter 10

'What?!' Maddie splutters, finally listening to the conversation. 'He's not cute at all!' I look at her defensively.

'Yeah, but you find Harry Styles cute', I say. My eyes never leave Bethan, who's now staring at the floor. I turn to speak to her. 'You thought 'Enjolras' was cute?'

She looks at me, confused. 'Enjolras?' I nod my head towards "him".

'Well, that's not his name, but that's the character he's trying out for. Weren't you listening?' I tell her, still not believing that BETHAN would like a guy like THAT.

'Yes, I was listening to him. And no, I don't think 'Enjolras', or however you pronounce it, is cute', she looks annoyed, and she's still really red. Maddie looks at her, and her brown eyes seem to have fires in them. She grins.

'So if it wasn't the guy that Sara likes -' I hit her arm playfully, 'then it must be his friend!' This time I grin at Bethan too. Mainly because I'm glad she didn't steal Enjolras. He probably has a girlfriend anyway, but it's worth a chance, right? I can still try and get him to notice me.

Bethan blushes and stares at the floor again. 'Shut up', she mumbles. She shuffles her foot awkwardly. Maddie's grin becomes wider.

'Oh my God, you do like his friend!' she almost screams. Nobody would hear her though. There's so many people in here. 'But he's weedy! And he's so pale! You sure he's not a vampire?'

Bethan's about to speak back, probably something like 'why would there be a vampire in London?', when she's interrupted by a voice.