Chapter Seven

--WITH CHEKOV--

"Where is the Captain!?" Chekov demands in his usual Russian accent. "Where is the Enterprise crew?! Tell me!"

Chekov didn't remember much. He remembered the crash in all its glory. The screaming, red lightning, and the pain. He remembered flying across the room and slamming into the wall. He remembered a little bit of Sokovia, but not much unfortunately because of the loss of blood. Most images of the flight to wherever they are were blurry. After that all he saw was black. He'd just woke up about fifteen minutes ago to a room full of doctors who wouldn't tell him anything.

"Hello." He says with sarcasm. "Nice to meet you too." They didn't respond. "Suppose you could tell me where I am? No? Yes? Forget it." He says with frustration.

"You're at the Avengers base in upstate New York." A women says from across the room. She had crimson red hair and green eyes.

"And you are..."

"I'm Natasha." She says walking toward him. "And you are..."

"I'm Chekov." He says.

"You're from Russia?" She asks.

"Yes..." She smiles.

"So am I. Anymore questions?" She asks. Chekov was thrilled. It's not often you meet another Russian. His happiness though, disappears followed by fear.

"Is Captain Kirk and rest of the crew okay?"

"A lot didn't make it. Your Captain and the rest of that group is fine." His fear grows at that first part.

"How many?" He asks. He needs to know.

"Well..."

"How many!" A long pause follows, a pause that was too long. Natasha it appears doesn't want to tell him. A look of genuine sorrow spread across her face, yet again worsening his nerves.

"Only one hundred fifty-three survived."

"No..." He says. "No,no,no... I..." He wanted to cry. He turns away.

"Hey." She says putting her hand on his shoulder. "We are going to fix your ship and send you home to where you came from. It's going to be okay."

"No... It's not..." He responds. Nothing was going to bring those lives back. He felt the tears coming.

"I've been through this same thing. You're not alone."

"What happened?" Chekov turns to face her.

"That's a story for another time." A cold shadow passing over her. She changed the subject. "How do you feel?"

"Like my leg was crushed into a thousand pieces. Also, a little light headed."

"Well you broke your leg and lost a lot of blood. You're lucky to be alive. Anything you need?"

"Something to eat please and a drink."

"Any specifics?"

"No."

"Okay then." She turned to walk away.

"Wait..." She turned around. "May I please see my friends... I mean have a meeting with the superior officers of the ship to discuss what we're going to do next and uh... things."

She smiles softly. "Sure." She walks away, leaving Chekov alone.

--WITH KIRK--

"Hello in there..." A voice comes from outside the cell. McCoy groans. "Three musketeers, get up." The Black Widow says.