Chapter four.

Chapter four.

My anger was out of control on Scott; I had him on the floor punching him in the face repeatedly. His face started to gush with blood. As I continued to punch on him, I saw my father laying there; begging me to stop, as I have begged him.  My mind rushing to him with so much anger, and him on the floor gave me power. I had no control on myself; I wanted to stop, I didn’t even want it to start. My breathing sounded like an angry bull, plus yelling to go along with it. Just as I was about to hit him again, my thoughts ended as I saw him almost out. I heard yelling from people to stop. Just then I was pulled away out of the fight.

“Stop! Stop it son!” The words that sounded like the principal. I was dragged aside; I felt happy as I saw him: my father, lying on the floor. “Get a hold of yourself son!”  I chuckled at the sight of my father, and I tuned out all the yells that faced my background.

“Oh my God I hope he’s okay.” Someone’s voice stood out; sending me back down to earth.  “I just beat the crap out of Scott, and not my father.”  My anger toward my father just went all out on Scott. God, what am I going to do? I’ll probably be expelled for that much violent;  how will I explain this to them,

“Oh uh, Scott picked a fight with me; so I beat the living crap out of him.” That doesn’t even sound logical, right? Or maybe this- only if I was explaining to my dad,

“Scott picked a fight with me, and I thought I was fighting you. So I beat him till blood gushed from his face.” Now to me that sounds logical. Then he would beat me till blood gushed from my face. These words I thought as I was dragged to the principal’s office. My principal seems very upset; If you don’t believe me then take a look,

“Sit down, Perry.” He told me very upset as we came into his office. He roughly sat into his mighty chair angry like.

“What happened, Perry? We never have these kinds of problems with you. Well, maybe Scott, but never you.” I sat guilty with my head down low; staring at the green colored carpet on the floor. I could tell he got a little worried with me.

“Something wasn’t right with you just now. Could you please explain what happened to you back there?” I raised my head up at him slowly, and began to pick through my thoughts to choose the right explanation without telling him the whole reason was my father.

“He started it, and I ended it.” Okay, that was a poor explanation. I looked away to the yellow walls that surrounded me, while thinking of what I had done.

“Okay what made him want to pick a fight with you?” I know he could feel my guiltiness, and hurt I was feeling inside; because he was calm with me.

“I kissed his girlfriend.” I slightly rolled my eyes, and turning my attention back to the green carpet.

“Okay. Then what made you upset with him? Did he call you a few bad names? Or is it something deeper?” Deeper indeed.

“I don’t know. He’s always bulling me about being a nerd.” He stared at me with disbelief covered in his face.

“Such sad situation. Who’s your father, son?” My eyebrows rose a bit at that question.

“Jackson Perry.” Then his head tilt down a little, and had a thinking expression on his face, along with a worried look.

“I’m sorry, son. I used to know your father very well. He’s uh…” He ended his sentence looking dead at me. “You have detention Friday after school.” I sighed and answered,

“Okay.” I got up and went back to which ever class I had next.

I guess I really shouldn’t have fought Scott, It’s really unfair to him. I’ve been training to be fit for a fight club I entered. Because I need to make a little extra money for my mom, since my dad wastes all of it at a bar. He doesn’t work much anyway. After school, that’s where I’m heading.

The Melcom Club:

I got to the fight club, and heard lots of people yelling, mostly yelling, “Freddie, Freddie, Freddie!!” Freddie Flents, that is. He’s the current champion, along with me and this other guy named Eddie Simons.

Then Flents finally beat someone named, Matthew; and I was next. As I walked up the walkway; I looked around at all the people cheering on Flents with his victory, but this one person- that looked very much like a girl was smiling at me as I walked up to the ring. When she noticed I was looking, she looked away.  The smell of popcorn filled the room, and people my age everywhere were smoking. All the walls and floors were made out of wood, making the place look very old. There were still blood stains on the ring floor from older fights.

I’ve heard this Flents guy is pretty violent, and hates loosing; so I’ll probably end up with a bloody nose, or black eye.  Then this other guy stopped me.

“Hey, I’m Eddie Simons. You?” He said with his hand held out after he gave me a tap on the shoulder. I just nodded my head at him and said,

“Jack Perry.” I answered while giving him a glance, while trying to watch the rest of the fight with Flents. Then I looked back over at him, he had sandy brown hair, with dark eyes; I couldn’t tell in the lighting. He was built pretty good, about the size of me.

“So, if you don’t care; beat him so I won’t have to.” My eyebrow’s raised.

“You’re going to fight tonight?” I asked a little surprised.

“Heck yeah, you didn’t hear the announcer? So what brings you to the Melcom Club?” He asked turning his attention to the fight.

“My mistake. Umm, needed some extra money for my parents.”

“At least you have a good reason. I just entered to get girls.” I chuckled at his response.

“So you in school too? Or are you older?” I asked.

“Yeah.. most the time. You actually seem like one of those guys who fights in anger, not for the money.”

“Yeah well, it’s good to rough someone up when your upset, or angry.”  “Why does everyone suspect I’m angry about something? Yeah we all go through things..”

“So If you beat him, will ya’ go easy on me?”  He asked with sort of a smirk.

“Sure, if you’ll do the same.” I smirked, and he chuckled.

“We should hang out sometime. Get some dates to go along with us.” He said smiling.

“Good luck with that; I’m the school nerd. I’m not looking for girls anyways.”

“Not even one in mind? I’ve got hundreds.” He laughed.

“Yeah.. one.” Just then the fight was over, and Flents won. And the announcer said my name.

“Good luck Jack.” Eddie said as I walked into the ring. “Thanks.” I answered him.

“In this corner we’ve got, ‘Freddie Flents.’” The crowd cheered him on once again expecting another win.

“And in the other is ‘Jack Perry.’ Everyone know the rules?”  We both nodded our heads. A drop of sweat ran down the side of my face, being face to face with him.  Just then the bell rang, and our fists blocked our faces, both ready to throw a punch anytime.

Thanks for reading! Comment and vote please! Hope you've enjoyed.