Chapter 18: Months Later

It is now the last day of middle school. I remember that time long ago where I used to be the outcast, the girl without legs and a mother, the lonely one.

Now I am one of the most popular girls in school. I have grown strong. My legs are better than they used to be and my life is great.

Zoey is the best person you could ever ask for. She treats me and my brother like we are her own children. My brother doesn't remember my mom so he calls Zoey mom. I still call her Zoey but she doesn't mind.

She could never replace my mom.

"Hey Kaley, you ready for the dance?" Someone yells. I look over my shoulder and see Cary and Vivian. After everything we still managed to stay the best of friends. "Yeah!" I yell back as I adjust my dress. "Let's go!"

***

After the dance every one of my friends came over to my house. Zoey (Almost wrote my mom!) had made a cake for everyone and my dad had gotten out many games.

 Zoey (Almost wrote my mom!) had made a cake for everyone and my dad had gotten out many games

***

After everyone except my two best friends had gone home, we decided to have a sleepover. They borrowed some sweatpants, pillows, and blankets.

We played the traditional sleepover games like truth or dare. We did not sleep at all and ran on candy and sweets.

When morning came me and my friends ran around and played tag. It felt good to be normal again. "Tag your it!" Cary called to me over her shoulder. I chased after her. We played until our legs collapsed and we couldn't take anymore.

We lay there out heads together forming a circle. Our breaths synchronized and hands together. This was the best day of my life.

A/n- All that is left is the epilogue! I am so happy! After this is done I am probably going to go back, make it present tense and edit it but whatever.

See ya,
An ecstatic Emma