Chapter 3. Second Chances

"So Allison is giving you a second chance then?" 

I had managed to sneak into the boys locker room without detection from Coach, well I guess technically it wouldn't be called sneaking since I can walk right in. When I woke up this morning, I was slightly hungover and very much confused as to what happened to Scott after he bailed at the party. Apparently he had been shot by 'hunters' whatever the hell that means. The way he described it made it sound like they were Van Helsing followers or something.

He nodded, "Yeah."

I smiled at him, "So everything is good?"

Several boys were watching me curiously, obviously not used to having a girl in the locker room. I've been in here plenty of times, just not when there are other people inside. I rolled my eyes as several of them began whistling at me. Scott narrowed his eyes and grabbed my forearm, pulling me behind him in order to put a barrier between me and the hormonal teenage boys.

"No." he dead-panned, returning to our previous conversation.

I quirked an eyebrow "No?"

"Remember the hunters I told you about?" he asked, throwing a glance over his shoulder making sure that nobody had been standing behind him listening to our conversation.

I nodded, "Yeah... what did you happen to leave out?"

"Well... her dad is one of them." Scott sighed loudly, his eyes locking on the wall behind me. 

My eyes widened, "Her dad?"

"Shot me." he nodded, his gaze not leaving the wall.

"Allison's father?" I asked him again, disbelief evident in my voice.

Scott's gaze was still glued to the wall as he said, "With a crossbow."

"Allison's father?" I repeated, making sure that he actually understood what he was saying. I mean, it's not like it's bad enough that he's a werewolf... now there are hunters to add into the mix and apparently his girlfriends father is one of them? I can't wrap my mind around it.

"YES HER FATHER!" he shouted as he ran his hands through his hair, "Oh my God, what am I going to do? Oh my God!" 

I grabbed his shoulders and managed to keep him still, "Hey! Calm down, it's okay. He didn't recognize you right?"

Scott's eyes widened, "I don't know! I don't think so."

"Well does Allison know?" I asked slowly, slightly afraid of the answer. How messed up would it be if she did know and she ended up having to hunt down Scott. Talk about a sick love story. That could so be the plot-line of a television show.

"I don't know, what if she does? She's gonna kill me, Kase." Scott shrieked and I could tell that he was starting to psych himself out. 

Without thinking, I shoved him onto the bench. He was practically hyperventilating and I attempted to calm him down by changing the subject, "Okay, Scott focus on Lacrosse right now. Just focus on that. Okay?"

"How am I supposed to concentrate on Lacrosse when I have all of this going through my head?" he asked fearfully. 

I smiled faintly, "You can do it, okay? You just gotta believe in yourself."

"I really like her, Kase." he admitted as he grabbed his jersey out of his bag. I still don't understand why Coach wants to have practices in the morning, leaving the players all hot and sweaty to return to class, because we all know that most of the do not utilize the showers in the locker room.