part 6

We sat in the bleachers with the sun blazing down on us, there were. More than a hundred schools there, it was frightening to see them all together in one place. The boys ran out in their kik, helmet under one arm, they must have been boiling in there full kit on a day like this. They ran out and william high ran out from the other side of the pitch and lined up, the teams facing each other. "Now please, captains shake hands" said the ref. Nathan and luke stepped forward and shook hands, nathan looking rather disgusted. The had a team talk and then got into positions and the games was off. It was a rather intense game seeing as william high played dirty. By half time we were up by 7, there was a quick talk over the intercom about health and safety, i think, i wasn't paying much attention if i was honest, i was looking for nathan and jake, both of them had been tackled pretty bad; i couldn't see them through the crowed. Soon the game started again, the second half was even more intense than the last, i didnt even know it was possible. By the end i had no finger nails lets, i'd'be gnawing at them, they were stubs now. We had won by 10 points, the crowed cried, by the sound of it no one else liked william high either, and im not surprised. Only one person from out team was injured, and that, after the way they played, was lucky, it wasnt a bad injury, only a twisted elbow. The crowed poured out on to the pitch, many to congratulate the team. We were one of the last schools to get down onto the pitch. I went and found nathan, cuddling with amy, i guess he found out i knew. 

"Hey" i said and smiled slightly awkwardly  

"Hey" he replied putting one arm around amy and turning to face me. 

"Good game" i said, there was an awkward tension between us that i had never experienced between me and nathan, i didn't like it and i didn't know what has causing it all i knew is i wanted it to stop, and soon. "Im gonna go and find jake" i said walking off before he replied. I found jake, surrounded by a group of girls from jamesbrook high. They gave me dirty looks as i walked up towards them. 

"Hey baby" he said and pulled me towards him, as he kissed my cheek.  

"Errg should have know you had one of these blond barbies" one girl said  

"Becki, should have known" one added 

"Nothing but the best eyy" another said. I had never meet any of these girls in my life and they we're commenting like i had seen them every single day of it. They walked away looking over their shoulders as they did so. 

"Did you know them" jake said hugging me. 

"Nope, never meet then before" i replied as his tight mussels contracted around me "good game" .  

"Yeah, poor doug, i hope hes ok" jake said looking down at me, my heat fluttered. 

"Yeah, i didn't know they played that rough"  

"Yeah, i dont know how they actually allow them to play, but what can you do". I said, his face sing with sweat, covered in mud and there was a cut on this right temple that was bleeding, he hadn't seamed to notice.  

"Jake your bleeding" i said putting my thumb under the cut. He touched it a jolted his hand away quickly.  

"It will be fine" he said smiling, he could tell i was worried. "I better go get changed, ill meet you inside" he said running of down the pitch. I found the girls walking back to the main building.  

"Hey guys, wait up" i called as they turned around and i jogged up to them.  

"Hey, those guys play real rough" said rachel.  

"Oh god yeah" i said opening the door and walking inside. 

"Im surprised no one else got hurt" said lilly.  

"Me too" said laura  

"Anyways so how the sex god going" rachel winked.  

"He's good" i said blushing  

"Talking of sex gods" laura said running over the logan. We were all pretty sure they had a thing going or at least the would get a thing going.  

"Awww Young love" brad said coming up behind me and putting an arm around my shoulders. He had changed from him kit into jeans a plain black t shirt and his black and white school football jacket.  

"Hey brad" i said laughing at his happy mood. 

"One day my love we shall be together and we shall be the young love i speak off" he said in a British accent making us all laugh.  

"Not while im around" jake said from behind me,sounding like superman, making me jump. I span around and he hand both hands on his hips striking a superman pose. We all laughed. Brad took an arm of my shoulders. 

"Ha ha you will have to fight me for this madden, good sir" brad said we laughed and jake essing up brads hair up and gave him a nuggy.  

"You win this time, next time, you better watch. Out" he said doing a rather bad attempt at what i think was a kung fu kick.

"So" jake said grabbing my waist, making my heart flutter, if i hand't liked jake before, i certainly did now.  

"Soo" i said in reply, momentarily mesmerized by his eyes. We stood there for a moment just gazing at each other until a voice on the intercom announced with extreme preppyness that the first school would be performing in half an hour. After that we went and sat down with the other chatting and gossiping. Twenty minuets later and everyone was inside, apart from nathan and amy. "I'll go and look for them" i said as everyone began to worry slightly.i walked out of the main building, no one had said they had seen them walk in so it made scene to look out side first. Seeing as they were both missing, i was looking for what would be the ideal make out spot, and for nathan that would be behind the bleachers. Thats where i was headed, i walked hastily towards the football pitch and there they were passionately making out. "Where have you guys been, its about to start" i said the words forced, nearly chocking in my throat, they both looked at me and i began to walk away, they followed. As the reality of what i had just seen sunk it, i was over whelmed with emotion, not just anger in the fact that they both ditched us to go and make out but, or the fact that nathan still hadn't out right told me that he was going out with amy, but more of the fact that i was jealous, i was jealous of amy and the way that nathan looked at her, held her and kissed her, just over all jealous that she got to be with him and i didn't. I had never had this strong of a feeling before, my eyes began welling up as i coughed back the tears. Why did i feel like this, i didn't want to feel like this, i just couldn't help it, i didn't know if it was a protective best friend feeling ot maybe something more.  

"Becki, umm we are sorry" nathan said trying to catch up with me, as i was practically running. I wasn't sure if he meant not tell me about them, ditching us or me finding them as they were.;so my reply was blunt and to the point. 

"Shut up and keep walking" i said in a rather snappy tone. I opened the door and walked in everyone was relived to see that o had them with me. 

"Where have you guys been" said lilly 

"Oh we know where they have been" logan said smirking. Everyone laugh, apart from me, i didnt find it amusing. 

The show soon started and group by group it got closer to our turn. Soon it was. We were called and we all walked up to the floor. We stood in positions as the music started, my heart was pounding in my chest, i breathed slowly and deeply as the music started.  

It went well it was the best we had ever performed it, we came of the stage all cheering and filled with adrenaline.