part 4

we pulled up at a place called 'The Diner'. i had a yellow and red flashing arrow sign in the middle on the parking lot and the diner it's self was painted a pail pink. we parked the car and waited for everyone else to get here, we didn't have to wait long, everyone was here within about two minuets of me and nathan getting here. we walked in the bell chiming on top of the door as we did so. all the staff wore pink, white and black uniform to match the inside and out side of the diner, there was pictures and murals of inspirational and famous Americans from through out the ages on the walls, my favourite one was the one of Marilyn Monroe on the wall facing the door, it was simple, black and white of her sitting down crossed legged with a cigar burning, placed between her fingers, it looked very graceful.

"your usual im guessing" said dot the waitress, she knew us because every sunday when we had practice we would come in here afterward, also some days after school or a big game. we all sat down in the corner where we usually did, on black leather seats that was fashioned like the back seat of a old car. 

"yes please, my younge lady, and how was your day dot?, anyone interesting come in here today" jake said winking and giving a handsome smile.

"oh you charmer you jake, i swear if i was 40 years younger"

"dont you mean 5" jake said  making her do a high pitched girlie laugh.

"no one interesting in here today, it been a fine day though, lots of business, your orders are coming right up" she said disappearing around the other side of the black and white curved marble counter.

"jezz you could charm your way into any where mate" said brand, he said one side of me, nathan the other.

"well i don't know about anywhere but hey what can i say" he said winking.

"so girls i was thing for state on wednesday we should wear the red kit instead of the pink or blue one because it looks better" rachel said. 

" i think so too" said cody with a cheeky grin across his face.

"thats the one with the skirts and top separate right" said brad. i nodded "i like that one too"

"ohh we know why you like that one" said lilly. our red uniform was a short skirt with a matching crop top, it was the most reveling one of our out fits but rachel was right it  did look better, also it caught everyone's attention and we needed to win so in this case it wasn't so bad.

"what can i say, im a dude" he said shrugging his shoulders and resting his arm along the back on the seat. dot came along with a tray full of drinks.

"here you go, food's on it's way" she said placing all the drinks down on the table.we were a very rowdy bunch we were, i don't know why they even put up with us or even let us in here, but they did, i swear we drove away more business than we brought in.

"anyone else coming to mine on friday after the game" said logan taking a sip of his coke.

"yep" about fifteen of us said at the same time.

"great, should be sweet" he said licking his lips. dot brought our food to the table and we all tucked in, It was silent for about five minuets until we were all full, when every we were around food we would all shut up, i suppose the staff was happy, i guess thats why the kept feeding us. after we finished people began to leave until there was just me, nathan,logan,brad,jake,rachel,amy, lillly and lucy.

"well i better get going" said logan.

"see you guys tomorrow" said lucy, he was giving amy and lucy a lift home, we all hugged and then they walked off out the door as the bell rang behind them.

"lilly, becki you guys can stay over mine tuesday night before the comp" rachel said as she finished the last drop of here soda.

"yeah, sure sounds fun" i said.

"can i join" brad said with a wink "i'll bring the face masks". this made us all laugh even the boys. brad was helarious , he could always made anyone laugh within thirty seconds of talking to them, it was great, especially when you were in a bad mood, if you just spoke to him and you would be in the best mood ever.

"well we better start going then bec" nathan said getting out of his seat, i got up to and gave every one a hug. 

"i can count on you being there friday right" jake said as i hugged him.

"yep"

"great" he said and me and nathan made our way to his car, the door bell rang as we walked out. there we're only four cars  left in the parking lot, me and nathan got in his and began to drive home.

"shall we go straight from school shopping tomorrow" nathan said as we stopped at a stop light.

"yeah, that sounds like a good idea, ill by you some pizza when we are there to make up for it"

"you know me so well" he said as the lights turned green.i laughed and he drove me home. 

***

nathan was waiting for me at his car after school, he stood in his football jacket one foot against his car the other of the floor a crowed of girls stood around him laughing and playing with their hair. nathan spotted me then said something and all the girls walked away gossiping, most probably about him.

"how long do you take" he said smiling and giving me a hug.

"you seamed to be occupying your self pretty well" 

"you know me always with the ladies" 

"come on ladies man, lets go shopping" i said jumping in his car, i turned on the radio the saturdays came blasting on, we both sang along as we drove to the mall. we pulled up into the parking lot, nathan parked the car and we got out, he locked it with a beep and we walked into the mall. 

we had been through four shops with no success until we went into brandy melville, i found a light blue dress that matched my eyes. it was tight and textured, it was just the right cut and shower not too much but just enough skin.

"you look lovely, now buy it so we can get out of here" he said as i twirled and span in the mirror.

"ok chill, ill buy you your pizza after" i changed and payed for the dress and then headed to the food court to get nathan his pizza, he was relieved to know we didn't have to go looking for shoes.

"yummy food" he said taking a bite of his pizza.

"happy now" i said laughing.

"very" he said, he was basically making out with his pizza. we walked back to the car and he drove me home. when i got home i sent a picture of my new purchase to rachel, she send me a picture of what she was going to wear and we exchanged comments on them both, she was going with siva, a boy from her chemistry, he'd asked her today and since no one else has asked her she had said yes, they had been texting non stop since.