Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Night pussy." —Money

I sat in my matte black Dodge jeep, watching Sean Hills from across the street. He was standing in front of a bodega smoking a cigarette. Most likely he was going to go inside when he was done. He probably sold little dime bags on the store's property, so he had to pay the owners a fee.

I wasn't worried about bringing my jeep because I had removed the license plate on the back and front of the car.

I sat unblinking, the cool steel of the Ruger on my hip reminding me nonstop it was there and ready for use. These were one of the last few pussy niggas of the Savage Boys remaining. As he smoked I noticed his eyes never stopped moving, like he was looking for signs of trouble.

He was probably looking for me, like he should be. I picture the terror Angel must've been in when they shot at her. I know not all of them could've been there that day. Angel had told me she saw four men, but I don't know which of the four it was.

It's been over two months since I'd seen Angel and the shit was killing me. The house felt so dark and lonely and I felt incomplete. I had no idea where the hell she was and everyday that past felt like a year. I'd been looking for her, but purposefully not that hard at the same time. Part of me wanted her back with me so badly, but the other side of me wanted to take out the rest of these dudes first. I didn't want to risk one of them turning the tables and tracking me down, so I could lead them back to her.

I swipe the itch at my eyebrow with the back of my arm, watching from the darkness. It was pitch black outside so he couldn't see me at all. Not to mention I was in all black. I could tell he was cold, the way he was bouncing on his toes with one of his hands in his pockets, told me so. But he just had to smoke the cigarette.

I felt crazy watching him, vividly picturing his brain matter spraying out the back of his head; landing on the store door's advertisement board that showed the sandwiches they sold. I was angry at the fact these dudes had took the liberty to try and gun down Angel, yet not one of them managed to take that time and come after me.

I knew I had to act soon; he hadn't been out here for long, but the cigarette would have to finish at some time, and if he went back in the store I wouldn't be able to get to him. Witnesses and surveillance. And though I was sure there were cameras outside, it'd be much harder to tell who I was with my hood on.

I don't know if he was strapped or not, but depending on what angle I came from I could catch him by surprise. From a regular person's perspective, it looked like he was just standing out in the open being careless, but I saw him paying attention. He had his back to the store door so he had an eye on everything from the traffic going by to who walked past him.

All of a sudden I saw someone walk up to him. I sit up in my seat and narrow my eyes. It was an older man, a little short and skinny with white hair. Had to be mid to late sixties, but probably some old head around here that was respected. I didn't know because this wasn't my area.

I quickly slip out of my car knowing the old man will serve as the perfect distraction. I gently close the door and pull my gun out, cocking it back and holding it discreetly under my sweater. I put my hoodie on my head as I cross the street to the side they're on.

I walk at a normal pace until I'm close enough, then hunch over making sure my face can't be seen as I begin to stagger and talk incoherently out loud. The street is pretty dark except for the light from the corner store that's lighting up the area around it.

I'm approaching and getting close enough to where I can hear their conversation. They have yet to notice me. As I get closer, I get louder and keep stumbling and groaning like the world is spinning around me. Then there's a pause in their conversation.