Chapter 4

"No stop!" I shrieked, crawling backwards trying to get away. How could this happen. As I watched my drunk mom near me with a knife, I try and think of an escape but there is none. I'm only 10, my life cant end like this. The drinking, the abuse, and the tears is all because of my dads death. "How dare you stay over at the neighbors house, this is where you belong." My mom yelled. As my vision begins to blur, I hear my name being called by a voice I reconigze but can't remember who it belongs to. "Isabel fucking wake up." The voice yells and I bolt awake, shaking with tears filling up on my cheeks. "Why the hell were you screaming." Ricky questioned with pissyness clear in his voice. "Oh it must have been a nightmare, I'm sorry Ricky." Yea it was a nightmare that has haunted me since the day but I can't tell him I just can't and I never will. "Well thanks for fucking waking me up, I'm going back to bed." Ricky yawned. Well I don't want to go back to bed not after that, so I grabbed my phone and turned it on the reveal that it was 3:00 am. I clicked on Audible and decided to listen to Me and Earl and The Dying Girl.
  As dawn broke and sunlight was slightly peeking over the curtains, I decided to head down and walk on the beach for a while before we had to leave. So I did just that, once I got on the beach I couldn't help but feel the urge to stay here. This place is so perfect, having the sand between my toes, the clear water to swim in, and most importantly my mom is no where to be found. But this moment will come to an end due to the fact that I have to go back home today and go to school tomorrow. I walked towards the waters edge and put my feet in, feeling the warm water wash over my feet made me feel comfortable.
  2 hours later, I was back in the room making sure I had everything together so I could leave. "Ricky are you ready to go cause I am." I questioned. "I've been ready for the past fucking hour." Ricky snapped, I think he's still mad at me for this morning but whatever. "Let's go then asshole." I said pushing past him and walking down the hall towards the elevator. When I reached the elevator I pressed 1 and checked my Snapchat while I waited, I looked up and saw Ricky just standing there playing with his nails so I just looked back down at my phone. Once the elevator reached the first floor I rushed out and over to the front desk to checkout. After I was done at the front desk I walked out with Ricky to my car and put everything in my back seat. I hopped in and started my car, I turned on my radio and started the 2 hour drive with Ricky back to Tampa.
  We finally made it back to my house and I somehow talked him into getting an uber, don't know how. As I got everything out of my car and headed into my house I felt like something was wrong. I slipped my key into the lock but soon noticed that my door was already unlocked, what the hell? I 100 percent know that I locked the door when I left, so I decided to quickly investigate, I mean I have Ricky with me it should be fine, right? So I continued inside, walking straight to the kitchen so I could drop off the left over food I had brought. When I reached the kitchen I was stunned to see Craig sitting at one of the bar stools, oh this isn't gonna go over well especially since Ricky doesn't know who the hell he is. "What in the actual fuck are you doing here Craig?" I croaked. "Well hello to you to Isabel." Craig chimed, I looked over at Ricky telling by the confusion written on his face he doesn't take hints well. "Just get the fuck out I'm not in the mood right now nor ever for your bullshit." I said, wait how the hell did he get in here, oh yea the key I hid under the mat damn he's good. "Wait who's that? Is he your boyfriend?" Craig questioned, oh hell to the no. "Fuck no, look get off my property or I'm calling the fucking cops." I threated pulling out my phone. "Ok fine but I'm coming over tomorrow to help you pack." Craig said getting up and leaving my house. I told him I didn't want to move in with him and my mom, can he not understand that I fucking hate my mom. "Excuse me bout that but I can't stand him." I apologized to Ricky. "Who the hell is he anyways?" Son of a bitch Craig you just had to show up didn't you. "Um he's one of my moms friends." I said pausing carefully in between words. At least he didn't ask about the whole packing thing that would have been a disaster in itself.
  10 minutes later Ricky's uber arrived and he had left. Man it was a weird weekend, I never taught in a million years I would stay in the same hotel room as Ricky well I didn't even think he would be semi nice to me so I guess weird shit can happen. I finally decided that I would call it an early night, so I got a quick shower to calm me down. After the shower I dried, brushed, and braided my hair, changed into a maroon tank top and some pajama shorts, and brushed my teeth. When I got done I went back into my room and grabbed my journal and started to write down my dream and everything else that happened today. Once I was done I threw it on my nightstand and set my alarm, several minutes I drifted off to sleep.