Dare You To Move

-- turntechGodhead [TG] started pestering carcinoGeneticist [CG] --

TG: thanks for the gift, bro. i mean it. rose looks like she could die.

TG: of happiness, i mean. not really die, you know.

TG: but she's real happy. like some kid who got a freaking cotton candy at some fair or something. what, we're the fucking clowns here?

TG: she's looking at us really weird like she's blind and it's the first time she saw the sun.

TG: maybe she's just really happy.

TG: anyway, yeah. thanks again, bro.

TG: why am I even the one thanking you?

TG: i don't mean that i'm being rude or anything here by saying that, man.

TG: you know what, just... thanks. okay.

First of all, what I want to tell everyone is, wow hooray, everything's all fucking fine and dandy again.

It all started that night I told you about that I realized my purpose. You know, with the fucking wind on my face and running that I was talking about a couple of sweeps ago. I was actually trying to find Gamzee, to talk to him and somehow make things better. And then after that, I went to find Terezi.

To sum it up, we're all friends again. But I guess not as close as before. It was more like we didn't hate each other type of thing. But that's better than fucking nothing right? Of course it is. I wasn't alone anymore. I didn't have to now.

Oh, and Maryam's alive again. I don't want to go with the specifics of how I did it, because it's really long and I don't want to bore you to your fucking death that even on your death bed I'm still talking to you and shit.

I mean, it's been sweeps. Everyone who didn't die had really changed. Grew up and all. After I got Kanaya to live again, we set out to revive our planet's species. As I've said, everything's all fine and dandy.

I read Dave's message and actually cracked a smile. I've been doing this for quite sometime now. It still takes time to get used to smiling when it's not in your character to do so, but once in a while it feels nice.

I typed a reply.

CG: YEAH. IT'S NO PROBLEM, BRO. I'M GLAD LALONDE'S HAPPY.

TG: “happy” is an understatement. she's ecstatic. though she keeps expressing it with tears. What a girl.

TG: hey, maryam said you'll be visiting here?

CG: YEAH. SOMETIME.

TG: that's cool. i mean, we'd be glad to have you here. and I don't really mean that in a mushy girl way.

CG: YEAH. I'LL SEE YOU SOMETIME, BRO.

***

“Are You Certain You Do Not Want To Go As Well, Karkat?” Kanaya asked me with a worried look on her face. I almost heaved out a sigh. She was always asking me this for a few days up until now, the last day. We were in her house drinking tea, for God sakes.

“I TOLD YOU IT'S ALL RIGHT, KANAYA. AS MUSH AS I WANT TO SEE THE HUMANS, I CAN'T JUST FUCKING LEAVE ALTERNIA JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO GODDAMN REMINISCE MEMORIES BY SEEING THEM. BESIDES, EARTH IS FUCKING BRIGHT. I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO STAND IT. YOU'LL BE FINE.”

“Alternia And Earth Are The Same In Terms Of The Sun And I Am Positive That Their Planet Has Nighttime As Well. Also, I am Glad To See That Even Up Until Now You Are Still The Crabbiest As Ever, As Jade Would Say.” she chuckled. It wasn't even funny. Maryam's trying the comedy side. Hoho. Let's all laugh.