Chapter 8: Truth unfolds

Rish

"How did you do that?", I asked Minnie in an appalling tone.

She had disappeared while my eyes were fixed on her and the next second, she was sitting on the sofa behind me, her legs folded and her hands clasped and resting on them.

"I just closed my eyes and concentrated", Minnie replied evasively.

"Well, that's certainly not vague", I replied, rolling my eyes.

"That is and so let me tell you all about it from the scratch", Rick cut in.

"I am all ears", I said and waited for Rick to begin.

"Okay, everything that you are going to hear now may seem outlandish and implausible but you won't ask any questions until am done. Also, this is something very confidential and you have to be very careful about not opening your mouth to anyone", said Rick authoritatively.

I sat down beside Minnie and waited for Rick to begin.

He arched an eyebrow and looked at me.

"Yeah, zipped lips", I replied gesturing the motion.

"There was this genius man, Dr. Rohit Parker, a prodigy unparalleled. He was fond of the ingenious creation of human body and it's astounding capabilites. He isloated himself from the outside world and started working on his hypothetical theory about special powers which could be tapped out of the human body after some experiments", said Rick.

"So, it's about the mutants and all stuff", I said conclusively.

"No. Mutants get the powers naturally. Whereas, people like us, normal at first undergo the trials and the powers are extracted so that they can use them", told Rick.

"Who are they?", I asked dubiously.

"I don't know who they are. But their activities are camouflaged. They have agents who pick teenagers and conduct tests on them. I don't know if those agents are also capable of such powers but they are certainly smart and worthy opponents", said Rick, stressing on the last sentence.

I thought to tell him about my dreams but decided against it for now.

"What are your powers", I asked Rick, amazed at the turn of events.

"He has enhanced physical and mental capabilities. He can smile and beat his opponents at the same time", told Minnie and smiled.

Rick flashed a bright smile at me and tilted his head at the same time.

"Where's this doctor now? Don't you have his photograph or something?", I asked Rick.

"His whereabouts are unknown but I have his picture", said Rick while fiddling with the keys of his desk.

He unlocked the top drawer and put a tainted photograph of a tall and lanky man in his late twenties on the desk. The man had shiny brown eyes and crew-cut hairstyle and square framed glasses. He did look like a cool guy.

"This was salvaged along with few of his reports from his research laboratory, soon after he disappeared from there", continued Rick.

"So, what now? I mean what are we going to do, we are only three people against an unknown organisation of god-knows-how many agents out there", I asked Rick.

"Who said anything about only three people?", said Rick winking at me.

I looked at Minnie for answers.

"Tell your mom that your physics sir has asked you to help him out tommorrow after college as a way of rewarding you for your
"undivided" attention in class", he said, unable to hide the sarcasm in his voice.

"Where are we going?", I asked him.

"Just brace yourself for something big. Your life has a little meaning to it now", he said sneering at me.

I looked at him skeptically. I turned towards Minnie.

Man, she was so beautiful.

"Err.. , why did you come here anyway?", I asked her.

"I don't think why I should reason it out to you", she replied nonchalantly.

"Common, we can be friends, right? And now, I think, we will be meeting more often. It's better if I had a nice company", I told her.

She was silent for a while.

What is she thinking? And even while she's thinking, why does she look so beautiful?

Then came the unexpected answer.

"Send me a friend request and maybe I'll think about it", she replied smiling.

"Oh god, I love her", I told myself.

______________________________________________

The agent was looking at the college building from a rooftop a mile across, clearly able to see three people in the professor's office where he had unsuccessfully tried to steal the locket.

He saw a girl disappear from his view and then appear on the sofa.

He touched the bruise near his left eye.

"You will pay for this, Rick", he told before jumping off the rooftop.

A/N :

Hey readers, sorry for the delay. Was stuck up with some work.
Comment about what you felt of this chapter and what you are expecting.

@rohitbajaj2210 - Dedicated to you bro ;)