Chapter 3 - New Home

So my "Grandma" pulled up to some ratchet ass project with nappy headed kids running around. Hoes half naked and they babies looking like they barely survived a tornado. Like DAMN! Your children should come first, not some bum ass nigga with no job. I know this aint where Taneisha live.

"Um why did you stop? Are we picking up someone on our way to your house?" I ask with all seriousness

"Hahaha girl you are too funny. I know your daddy told you I live in the projects!" She said still laughing.

Oh hell naw! This nigga not only sent me halfway across the country to live with some lady I don't know but she live in a ghetto ass project? Ain't this some shit. I don't do ghetto but since ima be living here till I'm 18 ima have to adapt right?

"My day just keeps getting better and better doesnt it?" I mumbled to myself.

"Damn right it does. " Taneisha says.

Damn! I didn't think she heard me. I really need to work on my tones. Shit.

"Are we gonna sit in this hot ass car all day or are you going to take me in so I can get unpacked?" I ask fanning myself.

"Girl wait yo hot ass one minute okay?" She says while going through her purse.

She pulls out a MAC makeup bag and starts putting makeup on. How inconsiderate! It's hotter than satins ass up in this car and her forever alone ass wants to put on makeup!

"Oh my fucking gosh! Can you just tell me the apartment number and give me your keys please?" I say almost out of breath. It is stuffy as hell up in that car.

"Girl didnt I just tell you to hold on one goddamn minute?!?" She yelled. "Dusty niggas will pounce on yo ass with all that shit. You pretty and thick to? Oh hell naw! You not going no where without me until niggas, bitches, and hoes know who you belong to. Around here I'm head bitch in charge and don't nobody fuck with my blood. Once they see you with me and they figure it out, then you can take yo hot ass somewhere without me. You understand?" She said with all seriousness. The fuck? This lady just scared the dog shit outta me.

"Yes Grandma" I reply like a little ass kid.

She had me feeling some type of way.

"Now thats more like it. You can act hard and shit but you damn sure gon show some type of respect." She said still holding on to the conversation.

"Yea okay. Taneisha are u done yet? If you're going to have me sit here at least turn on some AC please?" I said still slightly aggrivated

"Girl as a matter of fact I am" She said. 

Both of us filed out of the car and I went around back.

"Can you pop the trunk please?" I said sweating bullets. 

I really wanted to hurry up and get from outside because I saw some ratchet ass, fast ass, girls walking down the street. I guess Taneisha saw me watching them because she said

"Is that why you want to hurry up?"

"Girl naw" I lied through my my teeth

I guess she had some type of grandmotherly instinct or some shit because she saw right through my lies.

"Girl dont be lyin to me. You better get aquainted because they migh end up being your friends."

"Can you pleaseeee pop the trunk???" I asked desperately trying to change the conversation topic.

"Girl no. Ima show you around, introduce you to people, and well you know." She said

"So basically you gon be my tour guide around this ghetto ass neighborhood" I said then I rolled my eyes. Next thing I know Taneisha back handed me in my mouth.