Chapter 14

Tomorrow was the first day of the school year, so today Demi, Niall, Ariana, Selena and Miley were going there to make the finale living arrangements.

The girls have already chose an apartment and payed rent for it. The only thing left was putting their furniture in place and bring their clothes to put in their new rooms.

Niall was renting an apartment with Justin. Justin already had the apartment and had a spare room in it so he was happy to take Niall as his roommate. The only thing Niall had to do was put his clothes away in his new room at Justin's apartment.

After having put everything in place all 5 of them went to get some coffee. The just and chatted for a bit. The girls interrogated Niall, that was the chance they were all waiting for.

"So Niall, do you have any siblings?” Selena asked, sipping at her coffee.

"Uhh.. yes. I have an older brother.” he said.

The girls managed to come up with a bunch of other basic questions like this, that was until Demi went to the restroom.

"Are you serious about Demi?” Miley asked.

"Of course I am.” he said.

"You're not gonna break her heart right?” Miley continued. She was always very protective of Demi.

"Never” he answered.

"And you don't have any secrets right?” Selena asked.

"No...” he said.

"That sounded convincing..” Miley said.

"Well, we've been together for barely 6 month I'm allowed to not reveal EVERYTHING just yet...” he said.

The girls looked at each other and Ariana said, “Is it something big that will change things about your relationship? Is it going to hurt her in any way?”.

"I don't think so. I don't have a specific thing in my mind. It's not like there is this HUGE thing I haven't told her about. It's just me being honest with you girls and telling you that there is a chance there is something I haven't told her, probably because it just had nothing to do with anything we did.” he said.

"So there is no big secret, right?” Selena asked.

"No.” he said and just then Demi returned.

She looked at all of them, the girls seemed a little off, staring at Niall and he seemed ready to attack. “Did you girls scared him off?” she asked jokingly.

They all kept staring at each other for a bit, talking trough their eyes and then Niall said, “No, they didn't. No one can.”.

Selena and Ariana smiled at Demi but Miley just kept looking at Niall suspiciously.

"Miles, you OK?” Demi asked, looking at her friend.

"I'm great.” she said.

"OK.. you guys wanna head back?” Demi asked and they all agreed.

They drove back home and parted ways so thay all could spend some time with their families before going to school the next day.

Niall was sitting on the couch in his house. His mom came and sat beside him. “I'm so proud of you Niall, for getting into this school. You are going to do graet.” his mom said, smiling at him.

"Thanks mom.” he said, smiling at her slightly.

"What is it Niall?” she asked.

"Nothing.. just that dad isn't here.. again..” he said, staring ahead.

"Oh Niall... I'm sorry..” she said, hugging him.

"No.. it's fine, I'm used to it. I don't know why but I just thought he would be here to say goodbye before I go off to live somewhere else but I guess I was wrong.” he said.

"Niall, he wanted to be here but he had to work.” his mom said.

"He always has to work. I don't always go to a new school that is a half hour drive from home..” he said.

"Well Niall I know it's not ideal but if your dad wouldn't have worked we couldn't have all the things we have.” she said.

"Mom.. just stop. At this point he dosn't have to work. He earned enough for 3 lifetimes. Now he's just missing out on things for fun.” he said.

She didn't said anything, just hugged him close to her.

"What's next? He will miss my graduation? My wedding? What will be important enough for him to get away from his stupid job? Niall asked with tears in his eyes.

"No! Niall, no. he wont miss all of this. He could never miss all those things. You have to remember he loves you.” she said, stroking his hair.

"Almost like he loves his job..” Niall muttered.

"I'm sorry Niall.” she whispered as she hugged him and stroked his hair gently.

Demi's father came to her mother's house to spend some time with her before she goes to school. He came over so she could spend as much time with both her parents.

First all four of them watched a movie and after that ate at a restaurant. They all had a great time.

When Demi got back she went to her room and checked her phone. She found a text from Niall. It said, “He didn't show up.. again.”

She knew he was talking about his father. He was never there and Niall was always getting hurt. It always angered her. She could not understand how a parent can choose anything over his child.

She texted him back, “So sorry to hear that babe.. you OK?”

he texted back immediately, “No..”.

"Wanna call or come over?” she asked.

2 minutes later he called.

"Hey, babe.” she answered.

"Hey, beautiful.” he said.

"You OK?” she asked.

"No.. I'm so sick of this.. he's never here. I'm going to live somewhere else and he couldn't find the time to come and say goodbye.” he said. She could hear he was about to cry.

"I can't tell you I understand him because I don't.. I have no way to excuse the way he acted.. I think it's awful and you definitely don't deserve this.” she said.

"At least I know you will always be there..” he said. She could hear the smile in his voice.

"Always!” she said confidently.

"I love you Demi.” he said.

That was the first time he said it. There was the time at her birthday party but that was in the heat of the moment when he gave her his amazing present and he jumped and said she loved it, and him. She meant it and she could swear he said it too. But that was the first time he said it, loud and clear, full of meaning. She had a huge smile on her face, she couldn't be happier. She was so lost in thoughts she forgot to answer him. When she finally snapped out of her thoughts she said, “I love you too Niall.”.

"I was getting worried for a moment there..” he said jokingly.

"Yeah, sorry about that.. just got lost in thoughts.” she said.

"It's OK. Well I'll see you tomorrow, I'll pick you up at 8. sleep well.” he said.

"You too. And about your dad, he doesn't deserve you.. from tomorrow were going to be at the best school with our friends and it's going to be great. Just never forget that no matter what happens, we're in this together, me and you.” she said. 

A\N: so this was chapter 14, hope you liked. please leave your thoughts, comment \ vote. also you are more than welcome to follow me on twitter @crowen_lovatic. enjoy! xx oh and of course thnks to all the commenters, you have no idea how much I appreciate it, everytime I get a new comment I smile so just, thank you. :)