Fourteen

// Will's pov \\

The concert was absolutely amazing. Especially since Nico looked so happy throughout the whole thing. I was so happy to see a genuine smile on his face, which is sadly a very rare sight.

They played some of my favourite songs: my songs know what you did in the dark (light em up), the phoenix, I don't care and irresistible. And, as promised by the boys, Twin Skeletons (hotel in NYC) played and Nico and I sang along the whole time. It was played last, much to everyone else in the audience's confusion.

After the show, my dad was waiting for us outside. We'd arranged for Nico to spend the night at my house. My mom was okay with it since it was a Friday night.

The ride home was just as awkward as the one on the way to the concert. My dad kept glancing in the rear-view mirror to look at me and Nico. Neeks stared out the window the whole way, not even making eye contact with me in the reflection. Dad didn't turn the radio on so we sat in awkward silence all the way.

When we finally got back, I opened the car door and slid out. Neeks followed. I made my way inside, quickly said hi to my mom, then ran upstairs to my room before anyone could stop me.

Nico ran into the room just after me and pushed the door closed with his hip before laying down on my bed. I smiled and lay down next to him. I intertwined our fingers as we stared at the ceiling.

I tuned my head to stare at Nico as he continued to gaze up at the ceiling.

My face broke out into a grin as I stared at my little Neeks. His face was so relaxed and gorgeous, despite the horrific lighting in my room. I couldn't help but appreciate how amazing he really was. My little Neeks, my angel.

// Nico's pov \\

I could sense Will's eyes on me as I stared up at the ceiling.

After a while, I couldn't take it any longer and I had to turn my head and catch Will in the act. I looked over at him and saw him gazing at me in a cheesy, love-sick-puppy kind of way. I laughed at him a little then subtlety grabbed the pillow that was next to me and hit him in the face.

"You're so cheesy, Solace!" I laughed at his facial expression when I put the pillow down - he looked like he was trying his hardest to look mad at me, which was obviously failing.

His forehead was wrinkled with the ridiculous face he was pulling so I tapped each of the creases and said, "they'll become permanent if you keep scowling like that, sunshine." I then placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

Then I sat up and grabbed my phone out of my pocket and connected it up with the speakers in the room. Absentmindedly, I bit down on my lip as I searched through all my music.

Finally, I settled on playing the Folie à Deux album by Fall Out Boy. I lay back down as Disloyal Order of Water Buffalos started playing.

"You look so adorable when you bite down on your lip as you think." Will said out of the blue. I thought about it for a second, realised I do do that, then blushed. "You also look cute when you blush, prince." The nickname 'prince' made me blush more.

"Stop it, Solace!" I glared at him, which probably wasn't threatening considering my burning cheeks. Will let out a little laugh then covered his hand with his mouth; a habit he has that's one of the cutest things he does. The laugh also let me know that I wasn't being very intimidating at all.

I tried to calm my blushing cheeks before saying, "oh shut it Solace." Then we just both burst out laughing.

// Will's pov \\

It was so great; Nico and I laying on my bed, our fingers entwined, and just laughing with each other, and simply being happy. It was beautiful. Nico looked so care-free and at peace. I loved seeing him like this, it made me love him even more. My strong little prince.

Once we'd calmed down, I turned to look at him and he looked at me. "Want to go do something? I'm tired of just sitting here. N-not that I don't like spending time with you, Neeks. I-it's just... -sigh- want to go watch a movie downstairs? I can make popcorn or something?" I offered, cringing at my words as soon as I said them.

Nico laughed a little then kissed my cheek. "Of course I would." He replied. Nico then stood up. Without looking back at me, he said, "You're so cute when you're flustered." Then he carried on walking out of the room.

When we got downstairs, I noticed a note on the coffee table:

'William,

Your father is at work and I have to go and help out at your grandmother's house. Behave and don't break anything.

Mom x'

My mom had gone out and my dad was at work? Nico and I had the house to ourselves!

I looked over, and Nico was already picking a movie for us to watch. I smiled at him; he looked so engrossed in looking for something for us to watch together. I then went into the kitchen to grab some popcorn and drinks for us both.

When I had got all the snacks sorted, I put all of them down on the coffee table then sat down next to Nico on the couch.

I looked up at tv and see the title screen for The Nightmare Before Christmas: Nico's favourite movie.

I pressed play and the movie started.

As it played, Nico sang to all the songs and I watched him as he did. Nico didn't just sing the songs like any other person, he performed them. Unfortunately, he never got up from his seat to sing. One day, I would love to see that.