Five

// Nico's pov \\

Finally, Saturday. Unlike most Saturday's though, I actually got up and went downstairs because my dad had something to tell me.

Fact about my dad: he's one of the scariest men in the world. He's 6'5 and really thin, he looks like a really tall skeleton. He's really pale and his black hair that, no matter what he does to it, looks like it swallows all the light around it. He has really dark brown eyes that almost look black. He never has enough sleep therefore he has massive eye bags. Even his clothes radiate 'run from this man': he wears really expensive suits that are all-black. He always looks impeccable, which adds to the villainous look. He literally looks like a tall, tired Moriarty from BBC Sherlock. But, unlike Moriarty, he can actually be quite nice to people, mostly just to his wife, Seph.

"Nico. Finally." My father said. "I have something for you." I stand in front of him as he lounged in a dining room chair like a king. "Tickets. Tickets to go see Fall Out Boy live next month." He continued. My jaw dropped.

Fall Out Boy! My favourite band ever! I have tickets to go see them live. I didn't let myself fanboy about it in front of my father though. "Thank you so much, father." He nodded. I knew that this talk with him was over. I left and went back to my room.

Finally back in my room, I let myself fanboy. I lay, face-down on my bed and squealed into my pillow. Best. Day. Ever. — I thought.

Then I thought - I have two tickets but only one me. Who else would want to go to the concert with me? Hazel didn't like Fall Out Boy (how she doesn't is a mystery to me). The only person I knew who knew about Fall Out Boy was Will, and I was not asking him. I'll just sell the ticket.

// Will's pov \\

Finally, school's over. It's the weekend. Saturday morning. Now to decide what I'm going to do for the next two days. I didn't want to stay at home, I'd go insane.

After deciding to go out for a walk, I was called into the living room by my mom. My dad was stood in the middle of the room and my mom stood next to him, her hands behind her back. I raised an eyebrow.

"Will. Your mother and I have something for you." Dad said. I kept my eyebrow raised. "Tickets." Mom moved her hands from behind her back to in front. Two Fall Out Boy tickets were in her hand. My eyes widened. Wait. Two tickets. Who would I give the second one to? I knew that none of the friends I'd made at school like Fall Out Boy. The only person I knew who liked Fall Out Boy was Nico and I knew he wouldn't go with me. It was worth a shot. I made a promise to myself to ask Nico to the concert.

// Nico's pov \\

Monday. Ugh. Why.

My annoying alarm blared, reminding me of the horror that awaits me today. Octavian. Class. People. Octavian. Other humans. Teachers. Octavian.

I dragged myself out of bed and got ready: showering, fixing my hair, getting dressed, etc. I still wasn't ready to face the world as I walked down the stairs. Hazel was as cheerful as usual. It was almost sickening how happy she was compared to how miserable I was. I was seriously questioning how we were related. Despite all that, I kissed her cheek and left the house.

Earbuds in as usual. Music on loud. I tried to lose myself in the music but my mind wouldn't move past the blond-haired devil that called himself Octavian. It was annoying how my brain refused to forget him. No matter what I did to distract myself from him, somehow my mind always found a way to bring my thoughts back to him.

As usual, he was waiting at the stop with his bodyguards at his hips. His sickening smirk plastered on his face. "And again. Another Monday and he's still alive. Damn." Octavian said. Despite the words he said, he didn't sound like he was really that sad about me still being alive. I couldn't imagine Octavian, after I died, moving on and bullying anyone else. It just felt too weird. Plus, he knows so much about me, I don't think Octavian has it in him to find as much information as he knows about me about another person.

I stared at his mouth, not quite capable of looking him in the eye. It was not the greatest place to look at though. "Are you staring at my lips? Oh my god. The little faggot's thinking about kissing me!" Octavian raised his voice loud enough so everyone at the bus stop could hear him.

My face turned red. "No Octavian- I-I wasn't... I would never-" I stuttered. He glared at me then punched me in the jaw. I staggered back then fell backwards and landed painfully on the ground. I could feel the blood in my mouth. I refused to let Octavian know that his punch had caused me to bleed. I kept my mouth closed.

The bus is literally my saviour. It always seems to arrive before anything too bad can happen. Everyone got on the bus before I got up and dragged myself to my usual seat at the front of the bus. I spat the blood out of my mouth into a plastic bag.

Will's stop. There he was. He was one of the first people on the bus, so there were many empty seats, but he sat down next to me. When he sat, I said something really intelligent like "ummm".

"Nico to see you too." He smiled at me.

I shook out of my little trance. "What are you doing, Solace?" I tried to sound as angry as I possibly could. It didn't really work.

Then I felt his fingers against my bottom lip. He was really warm. Stop that, Nico! There was blood on the finger he'd just wiped against my lip. Shit.

"Nico. You're bleeding... What happened?" He asked. I knew that he knew that it was Octavian.

"It's nothing. I promise." I replied.

"Don't lie. What did that devil do to you?"

I shrugged and didn't meet his eye. "I was staring at his mouth instead of looking in his eye and he took that as a sign I wanted to kiss him so he punched me in the jaw." I said quiet

Will didn't say anything for quite a while. Then he said something that really surprised me. "Nico -pause- I have something to ask you. Would you like to go to a concert with me? I would love it if you came with me to see Fall Out Boy with me." He had a really cute, embarrassed face on him.