One

// Nico's pov \\

"You will never -punch- be accepted -punch- here, you faggot!!" Octavian screamed at the helpless pile on the ground, surrounded by a puddle of blood and tears, that was me. His friends stood behind him, laughing and spitting more insults at me. I wanted to die. Never in my life had I wanted to just end it more than in that moment.

I woke with a start and a sob escaped my lips. That memory has to be the most frequent in my nightmares. It has plagued me ever since that day, and probably always will.

I sat up and checked my phone. My alarm was just about to go off, so I didn't bother trying to fall back asleep. Making sure that my alarm wouldn't go off since I didn't need it now that I was awake, I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and stretched. My feet dragging, I made my way to my bathroom.

After showering and fixing my hair, I made my way to my closet to grab some clothes. My usual outfit included: a pair of black skinny jeans, a shirt with some kind of band logo or quote on - today was the Fall Out Boy logo - that I really liked, a black jacket and a pair of all-black converse. After throwing those on, I grabbed my backpack, checked everything was in there that I needed, then headed downstairs.

My step-mom, Persephone, or Seph for short, was in the kitchen with my half sister Hazel. My father was probably already at work. I smiled at them both and kissed Hazel on the cheek. Quickly, I grabbed an apple, said goodbye to my family then walked out into the driveway.

As usual, my dad's car was missing from the driveway so he must be at work. I trudged all the way to the bus stop, my earbuds in, My Chemical Romance on full volume. I stared at the sidewalk until I reached my bus stop, then I looked up to see who was already waiting. Luckily, no one too bad. But Octavian wouldn't take that long to get here, I could see his house from where I stood.

My earbuds stayed in until I saw Octavian's little group of friends knock on his door. The blond-haired nightmare appeared in the doorway, smirked at his friends, then stepped outside and noticed me. I bit my lip nervously. He took his time approaching me, walking at a leisurely pace, knowing I had nowhere to go.

"Well, I see that my work still isn't done as this little faggot's still walking around." He sneered. I gulped and tried to keep my eyes on his face, looking as if I wasn't afraid even though I was terrified. Octavian's friends glared at me, one at each of his hips. They looked more like his bodyguards now that I thought about it. "You got anything to say today, fag? Any more crushes to announce?" Octavian smirked, leaning closer to me. I was forced to stare up at him as he was around 6 foot and I was only 5 foot 5.

To my luck, the bus pulled up before Octavian could do anything more than insult me. I ducked in between Octavian and one of his bodyguards and stepped onto the bus, sitting in the seat right behind the driver, knowing Octavian always sat near the back. No one sat next to me so I put my feet up on the other seat and put my earbuds back in. I turned the American Beauty/American Psycho album by Fall Out Boy on and listened to that with my eyes closed and my head leaning back against the window.

// Will's pov \\

New school, new people. I was ready. I had to make a good impression. I can't go back to the way I was before. Everyone has to like me.

I got onto the bus and saw that most of the seats were already taken. The bus driver growled at me to take a seat so I just turned to the person next to me, a pale, dark-haired boy, and tapped him as he had earbuds in. He took out one earbud. "Would you mind if I sat here?" I gestured to the seat his feet were currently resting on.

The boy swung his feet of the seat and I took that as a sign for me to sit. When I looked at him again, he still hadn't put the earbud back in. I took that as a opportunity to introduce myself. "I'm Will, Will Solace." I smiled.

He was silent for a moment. "Nico." He said simply. I decided not to say anything else to him.

I looked the boy up and down, taking him in. His hair was long and fell in his face. He wore all black and it really suited him since he was so pale. I loved the colour of his eyes, a deep brown that reminded me of chocolate.

He was looking out the window, his eyes not really focusing on anything, lost in the music he was listening. I could hear it since it was on full volume and I recognised it as Novocain by Fall Out Boy.

Since the chocolate-eyed boy had no interest in talking to me I decided to open my backpack and find something to do. I grabbed my book, The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire by Dan and Phil, and opened it to a random page. I could feel Nico looking at me, even though I couldn't see it. His gaze was aimed at my face. To make it less obvious I knew he was looking, I focused on reading.

"Dan and Phil?" He said, his voice barely above a whisper. I looked up from the page I was reading.

I smiled again as I looked at him. "Yeah. Do you watch them?" I asked, hoping the answer would be yes so I could talk to this boy some more.

He only nodded. And again, my plans on talking to the mysterious dark-haired boy was ruined.

// Nico's pov \\

Why did this handsome blond-haired blue-eyed god sit next to me? Me! Surely he was meant to be sitting with the popular crowd. He was dazzling. His long yet neatly cut hair fell perfectly around his face, a few strands falling in his sparkling blue eyes in the most adorable way. His eyes were a gorgeous shade of blue that I couldn't name as it was so intricate. He wore a plain white shirt, black skinny jeans and white converse like he didn't give a damn about the way he looked, but it only added to how amazing he was.

Stop it Nico! You can't afford to be thinking this way. You know how it will end. He'll tell you he's straight then you'll feel like shit and Octavian'll give you hell. I mentally scolded myself. I drew my attention away from the boy and focused on Fall Out Boy.