My Birthday?!

So sorry about the long wait but here it is! I hope this satisfies all of you and sorry if its short; it was 4 pages on paper. Dabria belongs to me.

Chapter 13
Shadow let go of me at last and asked if I wanted to go back to Sonic’s. I declined and suggested that we look around the ARK. Shadow nodded and he took my hand as we began to walk through the Space Colony ARK. There wasn’t much to look at, there were many flashing lights, dark interior, and secret hallways. Shadow looked like he knew where he was going; after all, he was made here. We went through countless hallways and passed many rooms, but there was no sign of life. Not even a small mouse scurrying on the ground.

I looked over at Shadow again and he had a sad look on his face and he gripped my hand tighter as we reached yet another door. Surprisingly, he opened this door. Inside was a beautiful room with lots of pink furniture on one side and black furniture on the other side. I knew where we were when I looked at Shadow’s face again; we were in the bedroom Maria and Shadow shared before the accident. Shadow looked around at the untouched room. He walked over to Maria’s cleanly made bed. He looked really heartbroken.

“Maria and I used to do so many things together in this room; play old board games, watch Earth, and much more. She was the friend I’ve always wanted, my big sister only not biologically. I still can’t believe she’s gone…” Shadow collapsed on Maria’s bed and started crying softly. I got onto the bed with him and put my arms around him. Shadow let me hold him close for a while until he put his arms around me. He had calmed down by then and actually smiled a little.

Shadow gave me a kiss on my cheek and apologized for his actions.

“Shadow, its alright. Would you like to go back to Sonic’s now?” I asked.

“Yes, everyone must be worried about you, Dabria,” Shadow stood up.

“Not just me, you too silly!” I stood up with him.

He smiled and kissed me passionately. I returned it, closing my eyes. We continued to kiss each other until Shadow pulled away, “I love you, Dabria. I really do this time,” I smiled back and Shadow took out his Chaos Emerald. He held my hand as he commanded Chaos Control. A bright light surrounded us both as we transported back to Mobius.

The bright light dimmed and disappeared. In front of us were Knuckles, Sonic, and Silver glaring angered. I hid behind Shadow for protection.

He growled, “What do you want?”

“A fight,” Sonic growled.

“For Dabria,” Knuckles finished. I was shocked at this sudden challenge, but Shadow looked ready to fight.

“The winner will meet Dabria in her room and kiss her goodnight,” Silver explained.

I was deeply angered at this, “What am I? Some sort of prize to you? I know I’m really pretty but come on! I hate being used! I care about you all but has this really what its come to?!” Shadow held me back from killing one of them.

“Dabria, please let me handle this and then you can have me all to yourself,” Shadow whispered to me. I couldn’t bear to watch them kill each other, so I gave Shadow a peck on his cheek and ran off inside to my room.

“…and no Chaos Control, Shadow!” I heard Sonic scold.

“Fine, Faker. Let’s get on with this so I can go back to Dabria,” Shadow responded. I closed my window; I didn’t want to hear any of this. I kept telling myself that Shadow is going to win. I believed in him. I decided to try to sleep to pass the time.
………………………………............................................................................................................................
A couple hours later, I was awaken by a soft tap on my shoulder. I immediately remembered the battle over me and hoped that Shadow was the one who tapped me. I looked around and only found Amy Rose by my bedside.

“Dabria, its almost time for supper so no more sleeping! And we have a special surprise for the birthday girl,” Amy left the room with a big smile on her face.

My birthday?! Oh my gosh! How in the world did I forget?! And how did Amy know?? Sure enough when I went to the calendar, my birthday was circled all over. I must have been too worried about Shadow being captured than anything else. Well if today’s my birthday, why did Shadow forget?! Maybe he didn’t and the fight was just to get me out of the way. It does sound correct. There’s probably a party going on out there; I should get changed! I ran to my closet and looked through my wardrobe. I finally found a dress so beautiful. It was a red dress with black lace around it; just Shadow’s style, he would love it. I put it on quickly and walked out of my room. It looked like the power went out in here. I felt around for a light switch and finally found one. I flipped it on.

“SURPRISE!” I heard at once. A big smile appeared on my face as I saw all of my close friends. I saw Tails, Amy, Rouge, Blaze, Cream, Cheese and even E-123 Omega! I noticed that Sonic, Silver, Knuckles and even Shadow were not present. I decided to suck it up and enjoy my party. I chatted with the present members of Team Dark and found that we all have a lot in common.

“You should join us! I’m sure we will all get along just fine,” Rouge suggested eagerly.

“I’d love to, but I would need consent from your leader,” I wanted to see Shadow again.

“Shadow? I thought he was around here somewhere. We can ask him later. He’s somewhat cold-hearted and might not let you in, just to warn you,” Rouge looked around for Shadow, but couldn’t find him.

“Yes, I know, but he can be a real sweetie when he wants to be,” I giggled at the thought of him.

“Are you the one he’s always talking about?! He never mentions your name, Dabria, but he tells me so much about you! Like how you are so sweet and gentle just like Maria used to be!” Rouge was surprised and I nodded.

“Dabria! Could you help me with the plates and such for your cake?” Amy called out to me. I excused myself and went to Amy’s side. She had another big smile on her face like before. I wondered why. We rounded the corner.

“Surprise!” I heard again. Silver, Sonic, and Knuckles were standing in the kitchen. I smiled wide and they each gave me a tight hug. I looked around to see their smiling faces. But I still did not see Shadow around. I heard a faint gasp from behind me, but when I turned around, no one was there. I helped Amy with getting the plates for my cake while the boys went in the living room to join the party. I walked out of the kitchen with a sad look on my face and with Amy following close behind me.

Amy caught up to me, “Do you miss Shadow?”

I looked up, “Yes, I’m just worried about his safety…”

“He’ll turn up eventually, I promise. Now come on and smile! It’s your birthday!” Amy smiled brightly at me and I returned it. I had the strangest feeling that she was planning something.

Where are you Shadow? I thought. I never received an answer.
(Where IS Shadow? Tune in next time! Hope you enjoyed and sorry for the long wait!! -ShadowLover52)