First Date

Chapter 4

I woke up to see Shadow the next morning. He was sitting on my bed, staring out the window looking a little nervous.

“Is there something wrong, Shadow?” his head turned immediately, very surprised that I was awake.

“No, nothing,” he got up and left without another word. I usually would leave him alone, but I was too uncertain of his answer. I put on my bathrobe and ran out of my room to catch up with him.

“Why won‘t you tell me? I deserve to know,” I was suspicious of him.

“Why do you care?” He answered coldly. I felt a little hurt, but I had to know if there was something wrong.

“Well, I think I deserve to know why you were sitting on my bed this morning. I trust that you did nothing?” I answered back.

“I didn’t do anything,” He simply said.\

“Then what’s bothering you?”

“NOTHING!” He yelled. I jumped back in fear. He relaxed and looked defeated. I turned around and didn’t look at him. He turned me around and took in a deep breath.

Shadow took my hand and looked deeply in my eyes, “Ok, if you really want to know, I’ll tell you,” I nodded and he continued, “Dabria, I’ve been thinking for a while and…….um…..well…..I grown attached to you. This is totally out of my nature, but will, will you go out with me to-tonight?”

“Oh Shadow! I would love to!” I agreed happily while Shadow blushed. I enthusiastically gave him a hug to calm his nerves.

“Well, well, what have we here?” I recognized Sonic’s voice and let go of Shadow. This time I blushed.

“You’re just jealous because she’s mine and not yours, faker,” Shadow defended me. I was still looking at the ground, my face burning up ten degrees more.

“I am not!” Sonic left us alone then. He liked me, I could tell. Poor Sonic.

I looked up at Shadow. He smiled at me and said “Don’t you worry about him, I’ll take care of him if he bothers you again.”

I managed to at least say “Thank you,” to him since I was still very embarrassed. He walked with me to the breakfast table, his eyes locked on me. I could tell that he liked me more than I thought. After breakfast, Shadow told me that he had to go somewhere and I couldn’t come. I decided to talk to Amy about Shadow; I needed advice about tonight. I helped her wash the dishes and then asked her to help me. I took her into my room, locked the door and then sat with her on my bed.

“The reason why I called you in here is…..well….Shadow kind of…asked me out this morning and I sort of said yes. I don’t know how to get ready or what to wear or even what to say to him. I’ve never been on a date before. Please help me Amy,” I begged her.

“Oh Dabria! That’s wonderful! What were you thinking of wearing tonight?” Amy was excited to help.

“I was thinking of just wearing this, but…”

“Oh, Dabria, you have no idea what to do. You poor soul. Come on, we’re getting you a new outfit,” I shrugged, but Amy dragged me out of my room and we walked to the mall.

Amy made me try on tons of different outfits until I finally asked, “Do you know where he will take me?”

“Knowing Shadow, he won’t take you somewhere public because he doesn’t want you hurt. You probably want a dress that you won’t trip over, like….this!” Amy held up the prettiest dress I had ever seen. It was a long, dark purple dress that hugged my body very comfortably.