Dance the Night Away

Chapter 9

I heard knocking on my door, “Dabria, can I come in?” Amy said behind my door.

“Yes,” I called. Amy opened the door and closed it again.

“Aren’t you going to see what I have for you?” Amy asked.

“No,” I replied.

“Why not?”

“Because Shadow hates me.”

“Why do you think that?”

Ugh, so many questions, “Because I told him about Knuckles confessing his love for me. I have so many boys after me; but I only love one of them, Shadow. He‘s not going to take me on that date because he‘s mad at Knuckles.”

“Oh Dabria, I’m sorry you think that way. I’m sure Shadow loves you just as much as you love him, but if you change your mind about seeing that outfit I have for you, I will be in my room the rest of the night with Cream,” with that, Amy left the room and I tried to sleep again, wanting this nightmare to end.

Again, I heard knocking on my door, “Dabria, its me, I’m coming in,” Shadow’s deep voice said from behind the door.

“Ok,” I said weakly. Shadow opened the door and closed it like Amy did and sat with me on my bed. I refused to look at him.

“Dabria, I‘m not mad. I love you to the world’s extent. And I’m not going to kill Knuckles,” Shadow reassured me. It made me feel so much better knowing that Shadow still loved me with all these boys chasing after me. Shadow pulled me upright on my bed and said, “Why aren’t you getting ready for tonight?”

“I thought you would be too mad at Knuckles for loving me,” I replied still not looking at him. Shadow pulled my chin up to his eye level. I shut my eyes tight not wanting to look at him.

“Are you afraid of me?” Shadow teased me.

“No.”

“Then look at me if you’re not scared,” I slowly opened my eyes and saw Shadow smiling at me. He has really changed since he has been going out with me, “Now that wasn’t so hard, was it?”

I smiled back at him, “No.”

“Well, you should get ready, because I’m still taking you on that date,” Shadow let go of my chin and left the room. I made sure that he was gone and ran to Amy’s room.

“Amy! Open up!” I pounded on the door. Amy opened it and let me in, “I’m ready to see that outfit of yours! Shadow’s taking me on that date!” Amy was as excited as I was. She opened her closet and took out a short-sleeved plum colored shirt and a black flowing skirt. I tried them on in her closet and modeled for Cream and Amy.

“It fits perfectly, Dabria! It looks so good on you!” Amy exclaimed.

“Mr. Shadow will probably love it as well!” Cream pointed out.

“Chao chao!” Cheese commented. I thanked Amy, Cream and Cheese for the outfit and supportive comments and left the room to find Shadow. As I started down the stairs, I heard Knuckles, Sonic, Tails, and Shadow talking. It sounded like they were talking about me.

“So you’re taking her out on another date?” Sonic asked.

“Yes, do you have a problem, Faker?” Shadow asked back. Sonic growled and Shadow added, “I do not understand what all of you see in her. You know she’s mine and always will be; yet you develop feelings for her anyway. Excluding you, Tails, you’re still too young for that kind of involvement.”