Part 3

Part 3

Evan’s P.O.V

“Welcome back”

I looked up to find Logan sadly smiling down at me. His blond hair slightly covered his pity filled, purple eyes. I looked up at him. An empty tear running down my face.

“It-it didn’t work.”

Logan sighed and sat down next to my bed in the hospital. We both sat in silence for a while before he finally spoke up.

“I told you it wouldn’t work.”

I lost it. I whipped up from the hospital bed and punched Logan across the face. Hard. Then I repeatedly punched him in the gut and finally, once I was satisfied, I stopped and stood back. Watching him groan in pain. Then, almost as quickly as they appeared, his bruises and injuries started to melt away into his skin. Once they were all gone, Logan stood up and stared at me.

‘He’s gonna punch me’ I thought, but instead a huge grin spread across his face.

“YEAH!!!!”

Logan screamed while leaping onto me and causing me to fall flat on the hard floor with a loud thunk. We then proceeded to wrestle until all my pain and sadness from earlier washed away and left me laughing on the floor. I examined Logan. He had a black eye and blood was streaked through his blond hair. Also, his lip was swollen.

“Dude.” Logan said,

“I really beat you up.”

I walked to the mirror near my hospital bed and noticed myself that Logan had basically split my face. One side was fine but the other was bloody, battered and swollen. I shrugged.

“It’ll heal in like, ten seconds.” And just as I said it I watched my face morph back to normal.

I turned back to face my best friend with an ‘I told you so’ look on my face when I noticed he was staring at the door behind me. His face was masked with shock. Curious I turned around to come face to face with the woman of my nightmares and all my pain and fears came flooding back.

Calista’s P.O.V

I ran.

I ran down the street, turned a corner, cut through the park and then sprinted all the way up the big hill leading to my house. I burst through the door and slammed it shut behind me, panting hard. Visions of my past appeared in front of my eyes like I was watching a movie. Visions of me, and…Drake.

My mom came down the stairs and almost fainted when she saw me leaning against the door, wide eyed and crying. She quickly rushed over to me.

“Babe! Are you okay? What happened? Did you get hurt? Did someone bully you? Who was it? I’ll-”

I looked up to face my frantic mom with a solemn expression.

“He’s back” I whispered. My mom stopped ranting and turned to face me seriously. Then, she grabbed my hand and led me to her room.

We reached the door and she dragged me through it before plopping me down on a chair and walking into her closet.

“I saw him. In his car. He asked me if I wanted a ride and-and I ran. He l-looks d-different. More…” I trailed off. Unable to think of what to say. My mom returned from the closet with a large book in hand. My old diary. She handed it to me,

“Here, read through this. Maybe you wrote down something that will help get rid of him.” Cautiously I nodded and took the delicate book from her hands. It may seem strange that I was soo unnerved by a simple book, but this book was filled with secrets of my past.

I opened it to the first weathered page. I could faintly read the scruffy black print:

"Dear Diary,

Today was amazing. I thought my first day of school would be all tough with bullies and stuff like in the books but it was completely the opposite. I met this guy, his name is Drake Ruth and he said that he was going to be my new best friend. Im so happy! He even gave me a new nickname. Cally! Drake is kinda funny looking though. He has black hair with bits of red and his eyes are orange. Like fire! But still. Mommy always says never to judge a book by its cover so Im not gonna judge Drake. Ill talk to you soon diary.

Love, Calista P Johnson (Cally)"

New best friend. Ha! It was strange how things worked out for me. It would’ve almost been funny if it wasn’t so scary. I had written that back when I was seven. That’s ten years ago. Ten years since I’d first seen him.

/Calista stop it. Your creeping yourself out./

You’re right. I shook myself out of my spooky trance and flipped forward through the diary. It was all the same sort of thing. You know, parties, feelings, friends, Drake. I flipped through years of my handwriting changing until I finally stopped. I stared down at the page:

"I don’t have much time so I’ll just get to the point. Drake is not normal. I found out this morning. He told me not to tell anyone or else he’d kill me and my family. But, diary. I told someone. And now…Now I think he knows. Also diary…

He found ######## Never mind. It’s nothing."

He found out my secret.

I read the entry over and over. My hands gently going over the scored out words that would mean so much to me later on. The words that I didn’t want anyone to find out.

He knew,

That I was not normal either.

***Author’s note: Over to the right is Logan. Just imagine his hair color differently. 'Kay? 'Kay!                                          

Aïssa***