Alone

It was true. Gray finally had the nerve to apologize... the next day.

~***~

Juvia sat at a table alone. She was flipping through a Wizard magazine, which quite frankly wasn't her kind of taste among reading martiels.

Gray had approached her, calmly but deep down he felt guilty.

"Hey Juvia," Gray spoke.

Juvia kept her head down as she flipped the page. She studied it for a brief moment before she uttered a solid,"Hello,"

Gray stepped back,"you okay?"

Juvia sat up and displayed a cheerful smile,"I'm great,"

"You are?" Gray asked, he knew she was off. There was no way that she'd just change in a split day like that.

"Well...I came here to apologize for-" he was interrupted.

"There's no need to apologize," She said nonchalantly. She looked back down at the page as she flipped it and studied it.

"No, I shouldn't have slapped you," Gray said his voice was low, he titled his head down so he could met her eyes.

With a gentle smile she than stood up to face him,"As much as Juvia cares about you, Mr. Fullbuster, I have to let you go,"

"Mr. Fullbuster? Let me go? What are you getting at?" Gray questioned with suspicion.

"Juvia is a nuisance.... So, Juvia will no longer bother you, therefore Juvia will not be a nuisance anymore," Juvia said casually.

She turned with a heavy heart hoping he would chase her down and finally confess his undying love for her. But she was just a bug on his shoulder in which he brushed off,"Well, if that's how you feel....than...okay..." And walked away.

Juvia's face fluttered with embarrassment as gentle tears greeted her face. She sat back down as she watched the tear drops fall on the page.

Although Juvia has given up on her beloved, she will always still love him.

~*~

"I told you Natsu," Lucy said as She shook her head in disappointed; As the three of them walked into the gates of Fairy Tail.

"Hey that sea-monster had it coming!" Natsu said defensively, resting his palms.on the back of his head.

Happy snickered a giggle between his paws,"Fu Fu Fu..."

"And you!" Lucy pointed at the blue cat,"-Happy, you shouldn't encourage Natsu like that! Could you imagine what Natsu might have done to the whole town!?" Lucy said imagining the fire breathing pink haired engulfing the town in flames.

"I'm sorry Lucy, I just wanted some fish~" Happy said sadly, then he said and lifted his bag,"AND THAT SEAMONSTER HAD PLENTY OF FISH!" the blue said smiled with awe as he behold a mouthwatering fish.

"Ugh," Lucy wined as she facepalm herself in the face,"I seriously need a drink," she said walking up to the bar.

Happy and Natsu goofed around with Happys fish for a moment until...

Natsu saw that lonely bluenette, sitting at the table with her head held down as if she was shielding her face. Natsu watch her as she wiped a single tear from her face.
Pumped up with fire, Natsu walked over to Gray as he slapped his hand on his shoulder and turned him around,"HEY!" Natsu yelled at Gray.

"What do you want Flame Brian!?" Gray called out rudely.

"What did you do this time!? Called her names? Shot her down? Ripped up another gift!?" Natsu called out.

"What are you talking about?" Gray pushed him off of him.

"Why is Juvia crying!?" Natsu demanded.

Gray looked over Natsu's shoulder and notice she was sitting at the table like she did earlier but her face was hung low as she wiped a single tear.

Gray titled his head but then he had remembered what she said,"Juvia decided to give up on me..." he uttered the words like it scarred him.

"What?" Natsu asked.

"You heard me, she doesn't want to be a nuisance anymore," Gray said almost defensively.

"Is that what she thought was best for her...or was that only what she thought was best for you?" Natsu said with frown eyebrows.

"...I guess...both..." Gray said.

Natsu shook in his head and turned from Gray.

"Hey," Gray called out to Natsu.

Natsu turned with his arms crossed,"hmm...?"

"Why do you care so much?" Gray wondered,"it's not like you actually care about her..."

"I care about all my comrades..." Natsu said turning and walking away.

He walked up the girl in blue,"you okay?"

Juvia looked up from the magazine,"Hello Natsu," she wiped the wet tears from her face and smiled,"I'll be alright Natsu,"

"What'dya got there?" Natsu asked as he leaded over,"oh! That's the Wizard magazine Lucy reads!--Do you read this stuff too?"

"N..no...Juvia just...likes looking at the pictures," She said quietly.

"Me too!" Natsu said with a smile on his face.

Juvia smiled gently.

"Hey! Lucy, Happy and I are going to an arcade later, you should come!" Natsu said with a firey grin.

"That is very kind of you to invite me," Juvia said standing up,"but Juvia must go on a quest."

"Quest? A job quest?" Natsu asked with excitement.

"...I know this might sound selfish and I apologize, but...Juvia must go on a quest alone..." Juvia said.

"What for?" Natsu asked in wonder.

"Juvia must learn what it is like to live without her Gray, and for her to do that she'll have to go on an adventure..." Juvia said.

"Hmmm...why don't I come with you?" Natsu said standing up.

Juvia smiled,"that's very kind of you, but I must travel alone..." she said as she turned to the table she stopped in her tracks and turned to Natsu, "Thank you, Natsu," and with that, she turned from the hall.

I must be able to find my way on my own...a life without Gray will be very hard indeed, but Juvia is
determined she'll live for him. And to do that, Juvia must leave her beloved Gray...ALONE.

___________________________________
A/N: yes that is Juvia in the video ~(^¬^)~

Song: Echoes- Don't let me go (echoes remix)

Airwave music channel.