- 36 -

As I sit in bed, I stare at my phone just waiting for a response from Michael.

But it never comes.

He hasn't replied. No texts or calls, he's shutting me out.

I don't know if this means we're over. It feels like it is, but I truly don't know, I wish I knew.

Ashton said Michael hasn't shown up to the past two band things they've done.

I miss him.

Ashton has been trying to cheer me up, he said he doesn't want me to be sad before leaving. I'm glad he's trying to help, it's just hard to be happy right now.

It seems like Michael doesn't care about me.

I just don't understand.

"Hey, Grace?" Ashton quietly says, knocking as he opens the door slowly.

"Hey, Ashton." I mumble in response.

"How are you feeling?" He asks as he sits on the edge of my bed.

"Like shit, still. I don't understand why this is happening, but whatever. I guess it's over? I'll be okay eventually."

"I... I talked to Michael today." He mumbles.

"Did he say anything about me?" I quickly ask.

"Uh, he just said say hey to you. I thought maybe he'd try contacting you." He replies, weakly smiling at me.

I shake my head, "I haven't heard from him."

"I'm sorry." He frowns.

"Whatever. It's fine. I don't care."

"Grace..."

"Okay, I care. It's not fine. Whatever." I mumble.

He sighs, "Well... Whenever you're ready, mum said we're gonna order in whatever you want to eat, then we'll watch your favourite movie together one last time. She said if there's anything else you wanna do tonight just let her know."

I nod, "I'll be down soon, just gonna try to relax and clear my mind a bit first."

-

I giggle along with the rest of my family as the movie ends, and I rest my head on Bec's shoulder.

"Watching this won't be the same without Grace mumbling every line along with them." Ashton chuckles, poking my cheek.

"Whenever I visit or when you visit we'll be watching it, don't worry." I reply.

Mum sighs, "I can't believe it's tomorrow."

I smile, "I'm happy. But I'm tired, I'm going to head to bed."

They all say goodnight as I go up to my room.

Minutes later, Ashton comes up to my room.

"Grace? I just wanted to give you this, before you leave." Ashton says, walking over to my bed.

"Ashton..."

"It's from Bec too, but she's really tired, she's in bed already. It was her idea, she's scared you'll grow apart from us while you're gone."

"You guys are acting like we'll never talk while I'm gone. I- I don't like that. I'm going to miss you guys too, I'm not leaving you forever."

Ashton just hands over the tiny box, and I open it to see a little locket, with a picture of the three of us in it.

I smile up at him, and wave him over closer so I can hug him.

"Thank you, I love you guys." I mumble, holding onto him tightly.

"We love you too, Grace." He says, pulling away.

He sits next to me, and takes a deep breath.

"I- I don't want to ruin the great night we had, but Michael..."

"I was gonna try calling him once more. I don't want to annoy him, you know? This was my fault, I guess."

"But it isn't! It isn't your fault! He's the one being an idiot and I swear I'll-"

"Stop making threats." I interrupt.

He sighs, "What do you want me to do? I can't just sit here and let him hurt you."

"I don't want you to do anything. It's ridiculous, he's being stupid, I was stupid. It's fine. Let's just end tonight happy. Michael doesn't matter right now." I reply.

"I'm sorry, Grace."

I force a smile, "Everything is perfectly fine. I'm gonna go to bed now. I promise I'll be okay."

He nods, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Ashton."

I frown as he leaves, and I lay down needing to fall asleep.

After an hour of not being able to sleep, I groan and get out of bed. I walk downstairs to the kitchen, just wanting water.

"You can't sleep either?" Ashton asks, walking into the kitchen.

"I'm just thinking too much." I tell him, weakly smiling.

"I get it. I was just heading back to bed, though. I'll see you in the morning." He says, leaving me alone again.

I sigh, heading up to my room again.

When I get back in bed I reach over and grab my phone.

I decide to send one last message to Michael, hoping maybe I'll get a reply, finally.

'hey Michael. I'm leaving tomorrow morning, I'll be at the airport at ten. maybe I'll see you there? probably not. so I guess this is our goodbye. I'm sorry this happened. I didn't think it'd happen like this. goodbye, Michael. telling everybody about us was the right thing to do, maybe we shouldn't have waited. then this wouldn't have been such a huge deal with everybody else. they all care too much about our relationship since it's so new to them. again, I'm so sorry that this upset you. I was just trying to make myself happy. I'm gonna miss you so much. please, just know I still love you. I understand if you don't love me or whatever anymore, but I love you.'

I put my phone back where it was, and try to get some sleep.

When I woke up, it said he read it at three in the morning, but there was no reply.

------------------

hey this is short and bad and I'm sorry.

(I might be posting a new fic soon if any of u care. but idk yet. bye.)