- 31 -

"Michael, we're too close to home. I don't want to go home." I mumble.

"I know. I know you don't want to but we had a great few days."

"But... Ashton. I don't want to have to deal with him. Or mum or Bec or Luke or Calum or even Leah! I haven't talked to her in a while- wow I'm horrible."

He chuckles, "Grace, you're not horrible for not talking to your friend for a few days."

I don't reply, as we've reached the house and I'm getting too nervous.

He takes a deep breath, "We'll be okay. Let's go."

As we enter the house holding hands, Ashton is already standing there, staring at us with his arms crossed.

I weakly smile, "Hey, Ashton..."

"What is wrong with you two? What the fuck were you thinking?"

"Uh, well- I mean, we're old enough to make our own decisions. We can leave for a few days if we want." I mumble.

"No, you can't. You both refused to contact any of us, he has a job and you're both idiots."

"I'm not even going to listen to this right now." I mutter.

Michael gently squeezes my hand, and I look up at him.

"You don't have to deal with Ashton either. Go home and rest, I know you need it." I tell him, quickly kissing his lips.

"He's gonna kill you for this." He whispers.

I shrug my shoulders, before turning and smiling at Ashton before going up to my room.

Michael left as fast as he could, not wanting to deal with Ashton.

Moments later, Ashton bursts into my room.

"You should learn how to knock." I mutter, not looking up from the bag I'm unpacking.

"What is wrong with you?" He asks.

"I didn't do anything..."

"No, you did. You ran off with the guy I don't think is right for you, then decided to not contact us? Why are you being like this?"

"Hold on. A guy you don't think is right for me? Who are you to tell me who's right for me? God, when will you leave me alone! I don't understand why you're like this!"

He rolls his eyes, "I've tried to tell you so many times. I don't like you with Michael, I don't trust him."

"I've tried to tell you so many times that I'm in love with him. I don't care what you have to say." I mutter, sitting on my bed.

"I still don't like you two together."

"Well you better get used to it." I smile, before rolling my eyes at him.

"You're so annoying!"

"No, you are! Stop trying to control me!" I yell.

"I'm tired of this. I don't want to be around this anymore." He replies.

"Well thank god I've applied to schools far, far away from here!" I exclaim, pushing him out of the room.

"Wait, what?" He asks.

"Oh, fuck off." I mumble, slamming the door.

I lock it so he can't get in, but he just keeps knocking.

Rolling my eyes, I sit on my bed, using my phone until he finally stops.

Moments later, there's a knock at my door and I groan.

"Ashton, I told you- Bec!"

"Hi!" She laughs, quickly hugging me.

"Be glad you weren't here when I got home, Ashton was annoying, as usual." I chuckle.

"Um, Grace, can we talk quickly?"

"Of course." I smile, as we both sit on my bed.

"So, mum, talked to dad..."

"Oh..."

"He's going to leave us alone. That's what he said, anyways. Ashton still doesn't know about it, so please don't tell him."

"I don't even want to talk to Ashton. He's so annoying, I'm so tired of him." I mutter.

"Grace, just think, you're going to school soon, and he'll be going on tour. You'll be far away from each other."

"If I get in." I mumble.

"You will." She smiles.

"I'm scared."

"Did you talk to Michael yet? About applying?" She asks.

"No..." I reply, nervously biting my lip.

"You probably should..."

I sigh, "I know. And I will. I'll tell him when I find out I got in or not."

"You probably shouldn't be keeping secrets. Secrets have been causing so much shit for a while now, please be honest."

"I can't. Keeping secrets is what I know. I think I'm pretty good at it."

-

"So, Race. How've you been? Is everything going okay with Michael?" Leah asks, as we walk through a park.

"Yea. We're doing great. I love him, he loves me, Ashton is trying to control us, as usual." I reply.

"I hope you're happy with Michael, still."

"I am. I love him, Leah. I'm happy with him." I smile.

"Have you told him about applying yet?" She asks.

I groan, "Why do you all keep asking me this? I'll tell him when I want to. There's no point in telling him if I don't get in."

"Okay, I get it."

"I just wanna enjoy my time with him right now. We're finally not hiding our relationship. I mean, Ashton doesn't like us together much and the fans hate me, so we are hiding a bit."

"I'm sorry." She frowns.

"I knew I was getting into this. I just- I thought being related to Ashton wouldn't make them hate me this much."

"Let's not think about this, let's just go out and eat. Then we'll go out and get drunk later. We'll have fun, okay?"

I nod, "That's all I want to do right now. Let's go."

----------------

this chapter is so messy but I haven't updated in a while I'm sorry it's not longer I literally cant stand this band rn it's a struggle to write good things about them