Crimson Gaze

After Yuki and Zero left, Senri, Rima, and I carried on to what I now knew was their photo shoot.

"You have the same ability as me, Mara?" Senri asked as we waited for Kana to come back.

"Not at first," I informed them, "If I can figure out how a vampire uses their powers, I can copy them, and use them whenever I wish. It's something I am grateful for."

"That's an interesting power," Senri mused, and then Kana pulled up, and we all got into the car.

We were dropped off at the shoot, and Kana told us she'd be back when it was finished. Rima led the way, while Senri and I trailed behind her. I noticed how Senri walked closer to me than necessary, his arms lightly brushing mine, but I didn't mind, and I didn't comment on it. It was a woman who was the photographer, and as Rima and Senri went to go get dressed and made-up, she spoke to me.

"Hi, my name is Amara," She said with a bright smile, holding her hand out to shake. She was obviously a human, and looked to be around forty.

"Semara Sayama," I said, with an equally bright smile, "Pleasure to meet you."

"You seem a bit more... Hmm... Emotional than your companions," She laughed a little.

"Yes, I suppose so," I said, laughing with her.

"Hey, I just got this crazy idea..." She trailed off.

"Do continue," I urged.

"Could you do a shoot with Shiki for a fashion designer?" She asked, and I stared at her for a moment.

"I'm not a model," I said, "I haven't had any experience."

"That's not a problem. From the looks of it, Shiki would be eager help you. And," She continued, "You two make the cutest couple."

I blushed at her last comment, but composed myself, "I suppose I could..."

"Great! I'll make up a contract while you get ready," She chirped, and called over two girls who said they'd get me ready.

I was rushed into a dressing room and the one of the girls worked on my hair while the other was picking out my outfit.

"Wow, your hair is amazing," The girl working with my hair said.

"Thank you," I said, and the other girl called my name.

"Do you like this dress?"

I looked in the mirror at the dress she was holding up, and immediately fell in love. It was a long, Victorian-style dress with a corset top. The fabric was lacy, and looked like it had silk undrneath it. The off-white color looked lovely paired with the romantic lace style of the dress. The skirt of the dress fell in curtains, and would show peeks of my legs. The corset would go over my stomach and chest, and there were long white sleeves that were just made of lace. The girl held a pair of black heels in her other hand that matched the dress perfectly.

"Yes, that's perfect," I said, and the girl doing my hair finished.

She hadn't done much, just curled my hair a bit more to make it more wavy. I stood and began taking off my clothes, and the girls helped me into the dress. After I put the shoes on, they started dusting powder and makeup on my face lightly, and the girl who had picked out my outfit put eyeliner and lipstick on me.

"There! Perfect!" One said, and they stepped back to admire their handiwork.

"Okay, now you're ready!"

I was led to a room with a white backdrop and a lot of expensive-looking equipment set up. Senri stood, facing away from me, in a white suit that perfectly matched my dress. A man was messing around with his hair, until Amara came in and clapped her hands.