An Answer

The picture is of Moka Akashiya, from Rosario + Vampire (great manga and anime, by the way ;) ). The hair style (not color) is how I imagine Mara's new hair.

"Zero!" Yuki exclaimed, putting her hands on Zero's shoulders.

I was frozen where I was, because I was so shocked at Mast-- no, he's not my master any longer-- Toga's actions and words.

Zero was one of his most beloved pupils, along with Ichiru and I.

There is definitely something going on...

Could he be here to exterminate Zero???

"Even if it's only a graze, it probably hurts like hell, right?" Yagari said, towering over Yuki and Zero with his gun still pointed at Zero, "That's because a spell was put on the bullets to kill vampires. Zero... Even with your thirst for blood, do you still have a reason to brace yourself?"

Zero didn't answer, but hung his head and didn't look at Yagari. Yagari raised his gun again, and Yuki pulled Zero against her.

Probably not the best idea to put his mouth near your neck, Yuki.

"Mr. Yagari... Listen, I don't know who you are to Zero... But I will not let you decide Zero's fate for him. I won't let you kill him!" Yuki said, becoming cold and protective. She actually sounded a lot like Kaname in that moment...

"Are you saying he hasn't fallen to Level E yet?" Yagari asked, glaring coldly at the small girl.

"Yuki..." Zero said, then pushed himself away from Yuki, "It's okay..."

Yagari raised his gun further, about to shoot and end Zero's life.

I couldn't even move.

"That's enough! Put that thing down!" Kaien came out of nowhere, running towards Yagari, "I thought there might be a problem, and look! This is exactly why I hate Vampire Hunters!" He grabbed Yagari's gun, but Yagari quickly took it back, "And how long do you intend on keeping a girl in cold water?"

Yagari looked towards Yuki and Zero, but didn't move.

"You must be freezing," Kaien said gently, holding out his hand, "Here, take my hand," Yuki and Zero ignored him and got out themselves, "Or not."

Yuki got up and stood staring at Yagari, "I want to know now. Just who are you?"

"I was Zero's master when he was training to become a Vampire Hunter. Right, Zero?" Yagari turned towards Zero, who was walking past him with his head down.

Zero stopped, "Yes. That's true."

Yuki looked down, looking a bit surprised and a bit saddened.

"You really are the daughter of that fool headmaster, alright," Yagari said, "Zero was about to attack you. Yet you consider me as your enemy rather than him?"

Yuki looked up at him and inclined her head, glaring at him. Yagari blew air through his nose and brought his cigarette to his mouth and took a drag.

"I'll take over from here. Yuki, go back to the dorm," Kaien said calmly.

Yuki started walking again, and finally noticed me on my knees, eyes wide and body frozen.

"Mara-chan?" Yuki asked softly, sounding surprised, "Are you alright?"

I didn't move, just kept staring at Yagari.

Yuki moved forward and touched my shoulder, "Mara, y-your eyes."