Chapter 20 - Until We Drown

Aria and I made our way into the venue that afternoon at around 3:15. I knew we were running late, but the guys were used to me being slightly late anyways. Aria had a new bounce in her step, and she was positively glowing with happiness. I wondered if it was because we had gotten a negative on her first test, or because of what I had said to her about wanting to have children with her someday. Either way, she was happy to be here, and that made me happy as well.

Walking in, I had noticed the two extra tour busses already parked beside ours, just outside of the venue. That meant the other bands were here, and I also knew that meant I would get to introduce Aria to someone very important this afternoon. I pulled her along with me to the dressing room that was labeled with the Fall Out Boy logo, knocking before I entered. I heard Joe yell to us to come in, so I cracked the door open and poked my head in first to be sure that everyone was decent. They were all dressed already, so I pulled Aria inside with me and went to start getting myself ready. The guys resumed their conversation, which seemed to be about pizza, and Aria went to sit on the couch beside Pete.

I changed into my Fall Out Boy jacket, with the word Youngblood typed across the back of it, and then threw a black fedora over my hair. Just as I finished, a knock at the door made me glance up. "Guys, is Patrick in there?"

A familiar voice called out. I smirked and shouted back to him. "Yeah, come in!"

The door was flung open, revealing none other than Brendon Urie, a comically large smile plastered on his face. In just three strides, he was across the room and wrapping me up in a hug. "I've been looking for you all day, Stump!" He shouted, making me laugh as I hugged him back. I caught Aria's gaze over his shoulder, and I smiled at her.

"I know, long time no see," I muttered, pulling away from him to fix my fedora. "How have you been, man? How's Sarah?"

"She's doing well. Things have been great. How about you though? I've heard you have a new lady in your life." His eyes strayed to Aria beside him, sitting now with her head on Pete's shoulder as he joked with Joe about something. I smirked and nodded.

"I do. She's amazing. Here, I want to introduce you." I stepped toward Aria and she looked up at me, smiling nervously as Brendon smiled at her from behind me. I held out my hand and she took it, getting to her feet beside me. I want you to meet someone," I told her. She read my lips and nodded, smiling at Brendon again. I signed to her quickly, momentarily taking her attention away from my friend. "This is Brendon," I told her, "He sings with Panic! At The Disco." I turned to Brendon then as she nodded. "Brendon, this is my girlfriend, Aria."

Brendon looked at me quizzically as he reached out to shake Aria's hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you," he said, and Aria beamed at me.

Her hands flew through the air for a moment, looking pointedly at me as she signed. "She says it's a pleasure to meet you too," I translated.

Brendon cocked an eyebrow and looked to me. "Did...did she hear what I said?"

"She read your lips," I chuckled, sliding a hand to the small of Aria's back. She leaned into me, smiling brightly as her arm wrapped around my waist.

"Oh," Brendon laughed, looking at Aria apologetically, then smirking at me again. "Well look at you, learning another language for a girl," he teased, "She must be something special."

"She is," I stated, squeezing her closer to me. She was blushing bright red, bowing her head in embarrassment. I leaned over to kiss the top of her head, and Brendon beamed at us. "Is Sarah here with you?" I asked him, absently leaning my head against Aria's.