Chapter 20 - Announcements and Introductions

Hey everyone,

Not going to go into detail as to why I havn't uploaded anything for Behind The World's Back in ages, had some personal things going on and other things like exams and all. It's summer now though so I'm hoping to get at least 4 chapters done this month before I go back to school. Hope it works out and I hope you guys like this =)

Also wanted to say a HUGE thanks for all the support and reads, seeing the ratings go up every week has really made my days so thank you loads =)

Love you guys, hope you enjoy this.

MissAuthor2B xoxo

**********************************************************************************

Chapter 20 –

“Oh my gosh!,” screamed Caitlyn grabbing my arm and jumping up and down with excitement, “look, look!” she yelled at the top of her lungs pointing to a poster pinned onto the notice board with four different coloured cork pins. I looked at the poster and saw the word ‘PROM’ typed out in huge Lucida Calligraphy font.

I edged closer to the poster now that it had caught my eye. Caitlyn was already babbling to the girls who had just come in about it. I looked back at the poster as if it was going to vanish.

The prom was being held on the first of July. Oh my god, I thought, it was on the same day as my birthday. I frantically searched for my school planner in my bag, now desperate to know how far away it was. I flicked though the pages like a mad woman till I found the right page. Today was the eighteenth of May, which gave me about a month and a half to get everything sorted. Was that enough time? Maybe, but I had exams and crap to worry about as well.

Letting out a sigh, I went into a lovely daydream of walking into prom where I was the “Belle of the Ball” and prom queen. Only Caitlyn had to come and barge into me.

“Oops, sorry” she said coming to take another look at the poster.

She finally realised when prom was and squealed with delight. She looked at me and clasped her hands together with a huge grin on her face. Oh dear, she was probably already thinking of invading the prom committee and making them do a special speech for me or something. Caitlyn was like that, extremely generous and sweet but without a single hint of reality, maybe a bit like me.

A grin grew on her face, taking over, as she grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me,

“You’re gonna be sixteen!” she squealed in my face as if I wouldn’t know when my own birthday was.

“Yeahhh” I replied, stretching my answer making myself sound a bit sarcastic.

Suddenly she burst out into a fit of laughter, I looked at her concerned, waiting for an explanation.

“Lava…,” she started, still giggling “, you’re going to be legal” she said with a wink.

It took me a while to get what she was implying, my mouth and eyes opening wide as soon as it hit me.

“CAITLYN!,” I gasped, “O M G, oh my god, NO!” I was speechless as I watched Caitlyn burst out laughing once again unable to stop. I started hitting her lightly on her arm to make her stop, it wasn’t working, she wasn’t going to stop any time soon.

I rolled my eyes taking a seat away from her, near the back of the class, for registration before Mrs Campbell arrived.

By break time, the whole school had heard about the big event. The place was buzzing with excitement. Girls were going on endlessly about dresses and getting their hair, make up and nails done and the guys going on about taking the hottest girls in the year as their date.

By lunch time, the boys had settled down, the girls however, were making plans to go on shopping sprees every weekend. Caitlyn was one of them of course. I was making a mental shopping list myself of the things I would need to buy; heels, a clutch, a dress obviously, a tiara maybe and perhaps a few accessories. I let out a sigh, unsure if my parents would be up for splashing out on so much though, on top of that, I would only be wearing the dress once, that is, if I got a proper fancy prom one like I wanted. Oh great, and I’d forgotten about nails, makeup and hair, I knew a lot of the girls would be going to get that all done at a salon, those with money to spend would probably be getting waxed at the salons as well. Pointless in my opinion really, from my experiences, waxing is better as home, its cheaper and I’m almost a hundred per cent sure it hurts a heck of a lot less. Speaking of, my eye brows needed doing, I’d have to call up my aunt after school.

Prom would only last a few hours yet it was going to take hours to get ready and longer still to find the right dress and shoes. Another thought suddenly popped into my head… Justin. I didn’t know if I should tell him about this, I mean it wasn’t like he could be my date, no one knew we were together and no one could know.

Not any time soon anyway, we had to keep this private, especially after what had happened back at the cinema when we’d had our first date, that was a close call. Forget the world finding out about us, if my mum found out everyone found out, she’d kill me, the only reason she was letting me date Justin was on the condition that I didn’t appear in any tabloids and everything was kept a secret. If word got out I’d be dead before you could sing the first verse of ‘Baby’ I let out a huge long sigh, why did things always have to be so complicated. Letting out yet another sigh as the bell went declaring it was time for period 5 to start.

I had double French with some cover teacher, this was going to be a laugh, I thought sarcastically. If only Justin was here, he spoke fluent French, now he would have made French lessons a heck of a lot more entertaining. I walked into room MI2 and sat at the side f the class, leaning back as a cover teacher I had never seen before walked into the room and sat at the computer, typing in their login username and password as soon as they reached the keyboard. The class filled up completely before the teacher stood up and introduced himself with a smile.

“Bonjour, bonne après-midi. Je suis Monsieur Bourdeaux et je vais prendre cete lecon aujourdhui’’

***********************************************************************************************

Hey again,

So I haven't written in ages, how was that? Haven't gone crusty have I? >.< Dear God I hope not!!

Anyway hope you guys liked that and more will be on the way soon =) Remember to vote, comment and follow but most importantly enjoy!! =)

MissAuthor2B xoxo