Part 21: The Lady From LA

Anncel

The sky cleared up and I knew I should leave.

Jetrix is sleeping on the couch. I took my dry clothes and went to the bathroom to change.

I took the receipt from the medicine that mango liver bought for me and grabbed a pen near the desk.

“Thank you. For everything.”

I left it on my pillow and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks. And yet again, you saved me.” I whispered into his ear.

I don’t know what could’ve happed to me if jetrix weren’t there.

I went back home.

“Anak! I’m so worried about you! Cyrrus and Margarette is out looking for you!” Then she hugged me.

“Oh dear, anak! Nilalagnat ka..” She is now more worried.

“I’m okay mom, I just need some rest.” Before she could say anything, I went back to my own safe place. My bedroom.

I lay on my bed. I’m now drowning in my own thoughts.

I risked a lot. I knew my heart would be broken. I knew I would get hurt. Pero hindi ko sinunod and intuition ko!

Love makes smart people stupid.

Pero kahit ganito ang nangyari.. I still need an explanation.  I cant just relly on what I saw. There must be something I should know.

And yet again, my heart and my mind argued.

I’m in this state of a limbo and I cant escape it. Yesterdays events keeps on rewinding itself in my head all over again. I see it again and again and I cant help but cry. What if I’m just a game?

What if .. WHAT Ifs! Puro what ifs!

Sabi ko dati, ang lov e parang obstacle course. Di dapat sumuko. Pero ito na yung ginagawa ko ngayon eh. I’m being a coward and I can’t face pain.

If I’ll keep on running away from it, the pain wont end. It will not end unless I’ll face it.

I made my decision.

I’ll go and talk to Cyrrus and hear what he has to say. I checked my phone. 28 missed calls from Cyrrus. I felt tired. Both mind and body. I cant stay awake.. and then I drifted into a nightmare..

“Hindi kita mahal!” Sigaw sakin ni Cyrrus paulit ulit kong naririnig yan. May echo pa.

Then I woke up. My breath is out of control, my blood is rushing inside my body and my heart beat is beating frantically.

I needed some alone time. Some peace. I went to the Park just inside the subdivision I sat in one of the swing sets and I relaxed myself and controlled my thoughs.

“Sometimes fresh air can be soothing, right?” A beautiful lady sat to the other swing set next to mine.

“Yeah. And the gust of the wind to my face feels surreal.” I said. Enjoying the fresh breeze.

“I’m new here. I live there.” She pointed out to the house in front of ours. Matagal nang abandoned yon kasi ang may ari ay nasa abroad.

“I live at the house in front of yours.” I said.

“What’s your name? I could use a friend or two! Kakadating ko lang kasi kagabi.”

“I’m anncel. Oh, where are you from?”

“I’m from LA. And I’m on a hunting trip. I’m guy hunting.” She said. She gave a cute laugh

“oh. That’s sounds fun. What’s your name?”

“I’m Zandra. Believe me, guy hunting is the least fun thing in this planet. Lalo na kung ang hinahabol mo ay paikotikot around the globe.” She said. I laughed. She is really fun to talk to!

“sino ba ang hinahabol mo?” I asked.

“My fiancé.”

“GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.”

Then with a flash of time, we became friends.

Zandra

“Nakita ko na si Jetrix.” Sabi ni Mr. Serrano

Finally.

I cant wait to see him. I really do love him and he’s the only guy I want to marry. Sa lahat ng choices na ibinigay ni papa,

Si jetrix ang gusto ko. Ang ugali nya kasi ay hindi mo makikita sa iba. Sya yung Matulungin, mabait, magalang. Isang Gentleman. Bonus nalang yung appearance nya. I’f we get married, I’ll be the luckiest girl ever.

Believe me, Jetrix is my Destiny.

“Talaga po!?! Saan!!!!?” Halos mapatalon ako sa tuwa.

“Huli syang nakita sa rest house namin sa manila. He was there sabi ni mang oliver. I’ll ask my security guards to find him and bring him here sa LA.”

“no need po. I’ll look for him myself.” Ako na ang huhuli sayo my future hubby!! Hindi mo na ako matatakbuhan. I’ll make you realize kung ano ang magiging loss mo.

Nagmadali ako mag pa book ng flight and  I left LA

**

I arrived at our abandoned house sa westgroove subdivision. I settled into my old room. Wala halos nabago.

Then I saw a girl seating at one of the swing sets from my window.. Her face contorted with sadness. I couldn’t help myself to ignore her.

Her negativeness seemed to magnetize my sympathy.i don’t know what her problem is, pero I think she needs someone to talk to.

And the best listener for your problems would be a stranger.

A stranger who don’t know your story so they wouldn’t tell anyone. And that stranger could be me. I came near her and sat on a swing set next to her.

“Sometimes fresh air can be soothing, right?”

“Yeah. And the gust of the wind to my face feels surreal.” She seemed to have lighten up a bit.

“I’m new here. I live there.” I told her.

“I live at the house in front of yours.” She said. Yay! Hindi na ako malulunkot mag isa dito.

“What’s your name? I could use a friend or two! Kakadating ko lang kasi kagabi.”

“I’m anncel. Oh, where are you from?”

“I’m from LA. And I’m on a hunting trip. I’m guy hunting.” They I laughed to what I just said. Pero totoo naman. I’m hunting for a guy named Jetrix.

“oh. That’s sounds fun. What’s your name?”

“I’m Zandra. Believe me, guy hunting is the least fun thing in this planet. Lalo na kung ang hinahabol mo ay paikotikot around the globe.” I said. She laughed and I joined her.

“sino ba ang hinahabol mo?” She asked.

Well, Hinahabol ko ang pinaka magaling tumakas na lalaki. From La to China, China to EVERYWHERE IN EUROPE, then back here sa Philippines. Nagtataka nga ako kung bakit nagtagal sya dati at kung bakit ngayon, nag iwan sya ng trace. Na track na tuloy sya. Napagod na siguro sa pag takbo.

“My fiancé.”

“GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.”

Oh I will really have good luck! And Jetrix would be my husband. Then our conversation went on and I just made a new pretty friend.