Part 11: Three Red Roses

• Dedicated kay Zandra Cantimbuhan

Jetrix

The reason I went home is because I’m running away from someone.

Someone I can’t see my self to be with.

Someone like Zandra.  

She’s really nice, pretty, rich and everything a man can call beautiful. But I don’t love her. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life to someone I don’t really love.

Infact, I’m more than willing to give up my inheritance for my freedom.

I know, It seems like I’m a hopeless romantic. Nothing beats being with someone you love di ba? So why enter eternity with someone you don’t love?

I’m an only son of a successful business man who is greedy enough to set me up sa anak ng isang real estate tycoon to expand his properties and increase his riches more. 

Cyrrus’ dad is even kind enough to keep me here, and not tell my parents.

My dad and cyrrus’ dad are friends. They have a very good relationship. But tito Alvin understands my problem and disagrees with my dad’s insensitiveness. 

Zandra seems to like the idea of an arranged marriage between me and her. But I don’t. buti nalang may laman ang bank account ko. Kung hindi, running away would be impossible. 

Then a figure of a lady flashed into my mind. Her hair so long and brown and her eyes a sharp color of black. Perfection. 

Siguro, nung nagsabog ng kagandahan ang dyos, sinalo nya na lahat.

Malas ko nga lang at hindi ko manlang naitanong ang pangalan nya. Sino kaya sya?

****

Morning came and I fixed myself up. I went downstairs to eat breakfast.

“kuya cyrrus! Kain ka na.” Stella is already eating her usual breakfast. Milk and cereal.

“okay sure.” I said as I took a seat.

“Tabi na tayo!” sabi ni stella, patting the seat next to her. Sometimes she cn be all childish kahit college na sya.

“o sige, sige.” I said and finally I took my seat. Cyrrus is already eating and about to leave for school I saw his phone on the table. I grabbed it and tried to give it to him but he already left. His phone beeped. New text message. The phone’s screen turned on at accidentally, I saw his wallpaper.

“it’s her..” I whispered silently.

Cyrrus

I drove off to school and I have a brilliant plan.  I went to the registrar’s office. It’s easy for me to ask favors there since my dad is a board member here in this college.

“Good morning Sir Cyrrus, Why are you here so early? Do you need anything?” The registar said.

“actually, it’s just a little favor. I need to get a student’s class schedule and her section. Will that be possible?” I asked using my charms to get what I want.

“Sige, wait lang. But this is confidential. If anything goes wrong because of this, I’m gonna tell on you”

“deal.”

I gave her Anncel’s whole name. Anna Maria Cecilia De Vega.

The registrar gave me a copy of the Anncel’s Registration card and I headed out the office.

Religion Education

Room 8894

9-11 am