Part 7: Beginning of something new

Cyrrus 

As I stand there in the sidewalk letting what happened sink in, I realized how rude Adrielle had been.

Joke man yun o hindi, HINDI sya nakakatuwa.

Ano ba ang sumagi sa utak nya? It’s so unusual of her. She barely know Anncel. Ako nga, di ko pa sya talagang kilala eh.

I went back the café to get my bag. I don’t know what will happen next. Anncel’s challenging attitude became more challenging than ever.

My interest grew to admiration.

How well she can stand up for herself made my admiration grew more to something different. From a mere challenging game to a serious feeling I still can’t explain.

I shifted my gaze to Adrielle, standing next to the café doors. Staring at me. I approached her.

“ano ba problema mo ngayon Adrielle at idinamay mo pa ako?” I told her straight.

“I was just joking her! Hindi ko naman alam na ganon pal aka-sensitive ang flavor of the month mo!” She said jokingly

“She’s not the flavor of the month! Will it kill you to actually believe na I actually feel something for her? It’s not just because I need an eye candy for a girlfriend!” I shouted.

I am mad as hell as I could be for her ruining a potential good day for me.

“Hey, Chill!” she said. Keeping her cool

“talk to me when you already realized what you did to her.” I said and I went to the parking lot. I drove off and went home. 

**

“good afternoon sir Cyrrus.” Our maid jenna said slightly bowing her head

“good afternoon too jenna. Where’s my mom?” I said

“she’s in her room. She’s sick again.” Jenna said. Looking worried.

My mom is always weak. She is always sick, and my dad is too busy to look after mom. I hate my dad for that but I do understand that he’s working hard for mom, me and my sister Stella. He’s too busy with corporate meetings; being the president of Escuata Group of companies.

Pero sana, humanap naman sya ng time para samin.

I opened the door and went to my mom’s bedside.

“Kamusta ang gwapo kong anak?” She said smiling weakly

“ma, ikaw talaga! Haha. Pahinga ka na po muna”

I tucked her to bed the way she used to tuck mine. 

“I’ll be in my room if you need me.” I left her room and went to the room 3 steps away from hers"

.

How can I get the girl who probably doesn’t want to do anything with me ever again?

I threw my bag to my bed and I saw the book I lent her. It reminded he how she look embarrassed and how red her face was. I took the book and flipped the pages. I saw a bright neon pink sticky note saying: 

“Thanks for the book. Sorry for the inconvenience I’ve cost you.. :)”

The smiley face gave me a ray of hope. I might have a chance afterall.

Anncel

Yesterday is a disaster.

Why is trouble following me? Am a a trouble magnet? And why does that adrielle chick hate me? I swear I never met her in my entire existence.

And then it hit me.

Gusto nya si Cyrrus.

Why is Cyrrus so dense? Can’t he figure it out? Anyway, wala naman syang magiging problema dahil wala ako talagang gusto sa cyrrus nya. Kanya na.

My phone beeped 

Margarette: rumor has it that you are on a date with cyrrus escueta yesterday. 

Me: No! that’s not a date. May sinoli lang ako

Margarette: Girl + Boy + café = Date

Me: Girl + Boy + café + another girl = Disaster

Margarette: Beep me. NOW.

Her number is on my speed dial.

“hey! You didn’t tell me what happened!!!” Margarette shouted at me and my ears hurt

“Don’t be mad, I swear I’mma tell you now!! Sinoli ko kasi yung libro ni cyrrus. then I joined him to eat cause he asked me to. Then some girl approached at hindi nya ako gusto Makita. That’s for sure. Tarayan ba naman ako!”

“oh no she did not!” She shouted. Her voice shocked.

“yes she did!!!” I said almost laughing.

“wala naman syang dapat problemahin. Cyrrus is all hers.”

“Bummer! Bagay kasi kayo. Yeeeeee!!” Margarette said. Kinikilig sya sa kabilang linya

Napangiti ako sa tuwa dahil sa friend kong parang loka-loka. 

 ______________

Thanks for reading! ♥