Part 6: Girl Wars

Anncel

I woke up earlier than usual. I have no desire to leave the comforts of my bed until I saw what time it is. 

“7:00 AM!?!?!? Oh crap! I’ll be late!!!” I shouted and ran to my bathroom.

After dressing up I ran down the stairs and I saw gran.

“Good morning, dear! Come eat some toast.”

“sorry gran, late na po talaga ako.” I said fast and gave grandma a kiss.

“Take care.” She said

Ayaw ko ma late!! Do you know the awkward moment na late ka tapos pag bukas mo ng pinto, lahat sila titingin sayo?! Waaaaaaah!

I rushed and rushed and I opened the classroom door slowly.

No professor.

NO PROFFESOR!!!

I felt bad and took my seat. I wish I ate breakfast.

My phone beeped. I looked at my phone’s screen and saw Cyrrus’ name. 

Hey, what time are we gonna meet at the coffee box? 

I replied:

11 am. Coffee box. Don’t be late.

He replied:

Sure. For you, I won’t ;)

What’s the matter with this guy?

The professor opened the door and explained why he was late. The usual excuse, traffic.

I keep on checking the time on the wall clock. All I want to to is get out of this room. Math is killing my brain neurons.

We we’re dismissed earlier than usual. Maybe the professor sensed that we’re all sleepy.

I went to coffee box 15 mins. Before 11. There he sat, the most weird and conceited person I know. I approached him

“hey, there you are!”

“here I am!” I said sarcastically.

“and here’s your book.” I handed him the book. Tumalikod ako at lumakad palayo.

But before I even make 2 steps away from him, he grabbed my wrist.

“aren’t you gonna join me eat?” He asked

“I’m not really hungry.” I said

“then have a cup of coffee with me then.” He smiled. My stomach is betraying me. 

“alright. I’ll stay.” I said and sat at the chair in front of me.

Pumunta ako sa counter and ordered a blueberry cheese cake with hot cocoa on the side.

I went back to the table and I stared outside the restaurant’s window.

“so… anna maria Cecilia, do you have a nickname I could call you? You’re beautiful name is a mouthful. 

“Anncel.” Tipid kong sagot. I don’t want anything to do with this guy. He’s so full of himself.

I ate silently until I saw some beautiful girl staring directly towards me. Her face in a frown. Her eyes met mine. I looked away and directed my attention to my cheese cake.

“pwede ba magtanong?”

“Cyrrus, nag tatanong ka na.” I said.

“Hahaha. That’s a nice one. seriously.”

“okay. Let’s hear it.”

“what’s your course?”

“Business Management”

“what section?”

“sorry, you’re only entitled to ask one question.”

“oh. Okay. One question a day alright? Deal?”

“okay. One question a day. At dahil pumayag ako, ako din. I’ll ask you one question a day.”

“fine!” he said smiling so brightly at me.

“hey cyrrus! Who’s your new girl toy?” It’s the girl staring at me.

Girl toy?

Wow. Gurl,you’re messing with the wrong person!

I dropped my fork down and looked at her with a devilish grin

“Adrielle, she’s not a girl toy. She’s An-“ I didn’t let cyrrus finish.

I wouldn’t let this girl humiliate me!

“hey there! I’m anncel by the way. And this is me leaving.” I eyed her and turned my back and walked out of the café.

“hey anncel!!!” cyrrus ran after me.

“I’m not gonna stay there just to be spoken to like that a while ago.”I said furiously

“hindi ko alam kung bakit nagging ganon si adrielle. Hindi naman sya lagi ganon.

“it’s okay, I should be leaving anyway. Bye.”

I left him there, standing on the sidewalk.