Chapter 10

“What is this?”  I asked looking at my body.  My grandmother had slipped a dress that wasn’t like the dresses we normally wore over my body.  Instead it was short, more than a few inches above my knees, and was tight on my body.  The back dipped low showing off most of my back and a birthmark that looked like  a drop of blood on my shoulder.  Something that has run in my family for generations.  Instead of having sleeves like I was used to it was just a strap that went over my shoulders. 

    “We have some unique night creatures here that get a little bored and try out new things.”  My grandma said shrugging as she fixed my hair, running her fingers gently through it.

    I laughed to myself as my grandma helped me up and escorted me out of the room.  Jericho was standing there waiting for me.  His eyes almost bulged out of his head when he saw me.  My grandma turned my body forcing me to spin around.

    “Woah.”  Jericho said, the only words that were able to come out of his mouth.  I laughed to myself shaking my head and headed off towards the stairs.  I wondered how I was going to get down them in this outfit. 

    “Ladies first.”  Jericho said as I pulled myself downwards.  I felt something brush up against my back and looked behind me to see a couple climbing upwards.  There was another ladder across from us for people going up.  I was about to decide otherwise about these clothes but then I remembered.  Soul mates only, it’s not like it really matters.  Soul mates didn’t need to eye other people, they already had there soul mate.  Nothing was better than that. 

    I came to the last part and let my feet hit the ground with a soft thud.  Music was pumping through the air, a type of music I never heard before.  My head started bobbing involuntary and I immediately shook it away trying not to be an embarrasment to myself. 

    Jericho came down beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.  I looked up into his eyes feeling my body tingle as he looked back down at me. 

    We came into a room with flashing lights and people dancing.  Not the kind of slow dancing I was used to, but jumping around and body pressed against body.  I rose my eyebrows as Jericho pulled me into the big mess.  We came into the middle as the voices started singing again.  Above the crowd I could see a few people actually singing the words, with our ears we could hear it perfectly if we tuned into it. 

    I looked around me at the other people and started doing the moves they were doing, popping out my body parts.  It actually felt somewhat normal.  Jericho stared at me in amusement before doing some dance moves the other guys were doing.

    After a couple songs had ended Jericho decided to dance in a different way the other people were dancing.  A closer way.  He grabbed my waist and spun my around forcing me to press the back of my body up against him.  I started dancing against him as he held my hips.  I felt a kiss on my neck, sweet as ever, and he whispered something in my ear.  I nodded as we headed off.

    We went over to another room where it was a lot quieter.  A lady scanned me over then snatched me away from Jericho.  I looked behind me with pleading eyes but he just smiled like he knew something.  The lady pulled me into a separate room where a few women were inspecting their outfits.  They were in dresses different then I was used to, but not this type of dress.  They were fancy. 

    “Who are you?”  I questioned at the lady.  She only put her fingers to her lips, pulled something from behind her back that I hadn’t seen before and shoved it towards me.  A dress, the fancy kind.  The dress felt smooth to the touch and seemed to slip right through my fingers.  I changed right there and a few women stood there admiring me. 

    “You’re really beautiful.”  One girl said whom was wearing a dress very similar to my own.  They both went down to the floor, with an “x” shape of fabric on the back, Her dress was black though and suited her blonde hair.

    “The color looks good on you.”  I said with a smile.  The lady who had dragged me into the place grabbed me and started dragging me out.  Jericho was waiting for me in an all black outfit that looked fancy also.

    The lady let go of the death grip on my arm as I attempted to regain my breath.  Jericho looked so.. Stunning. 

    “You had this planned out didn’t you? I questioned trying to make myself at least pull something out of my mouth. 

    “I did.  I hope you’re hungry.”  I licked my lips knowing a nice glass of blood would hit the spot right now.    Jericho wrapped his arm around my waist and started leading me towards another door.  When the door opened I was amazed at the looks of it.  Little candles lit up the room making them seem like stars.  In the middle of the room was a table for two, with a luscious red table cloth.  Jericho brought me over to the chair pulling it out for me and helping me down into it.

    In the next couple of seconds Jericho was seated and a guy came out of a hidden. 

    “Hello my name is Evan.  I’d be happy to take your order.”  A smile was on his face and I could see his fangs.  Vampire.

    “We would both like your best meat.  Bloody.”  I smiled at the fact Jericho knew what he was doing because I had no idea what so ever.

    “This is really nice.”  I said as the waiter walked away.

    “I thought you would like it.  It’s much different then we’re used to.”    He touched my hand from across the table sending shocks through it. 

    “Red.”  Jericho said looking into my eyes sincerely.  I looked back into his feeling the love.

    “Yes?”  I questioned. 

    “Will you marry me?”  My heart started beating fast and I stared him dead in the eyes.  My mother had been trying to get me wed to somebody.  She didn’t understand the concept of true love, but this, this was true love. 

    “Why are you crying?”  Jericho asked moving next to me and wiping the tears from my eyes.  I hadn’t even realized I had started crying.

    “If I do, I’ll never be able to go back.”  I said looking him in the eyes with blurry vision. 

    “You don’t need to answer me now.”  Jericho said pulling me into his arms.  Static ran through my body.

    “No.”

    “Okay, it’s fine.” 

    “No, I mean yes.  I want to get married.”  Jericho pressed his lips against mine as our tears of pure joy intermixed with each other.