Little Red Riding Hoods Granddaughter

• Dedicated to Micshie Lynn

Dedication goes to Micshie Lynn for commenting and reading every chapter that I have posted!

____________________________________________________________________________

“I have to go.”  I said kissing my boyfriend on the lips before pulling on my red cloak.

    “Nah, I think you’re staying here.”  My boyfriend said grabbing me by my cloak and pulling me back towards him.  I yanked against him getting loose of his grip and headed out towards the house, fast walking.  My fast walk though, was incredibly fast.

    “Red.”  I heard Carl call my name behind me but I ignored him as I closed the door to the logging cabin where he worked.  He liked to use it as his little hide away from the little town we lived in.  Small town, everybody knows where you are.

    “Red.”  I heard my mother’s voice and quickly spun around looking at her as she sat perched up in a tree.  She easily came down from it glaring at me. 

    “Yeah?”  I asked pretending as if I didn’t know what was to come.  I completely ignored her knowing exactly what she was saying.  ‘You only deliver the goods we bake, the only reason you talk to humans is for that reason only.  You do not date them.’  It was her vampire law because that’s what we are.  My whole family is including my little sister Night, my parents, and my two twin orphaned cousins that live with me, Dark and Sapphire.  Yeah real original.  We vampires preferred the night time when it’s dark, and Sapphire, well we have strange colored eyes.  Their always a piercing color that can hypnotize humans easily and hers are sapphire. 

    “Got it mom.”  I said when her lips finally stopped moving.  I turned back around and continued walking back to our bakery, where the back half of it was our house.  My mom was in front of me in an instant with her hands on her hips.

    “I’m telling your father this time.  We’re not playing anymore games.”  My heart sunk as my mother ran off.  Perfect, my father will probably kill me off now.  I started walking slowly off towards my house.

    I fell onto my bed glad that Carl was my last delivery for the day, but upset my father had grounded me.  ‘It’s what normal fathers do.’  He had said.  ‘You are not allowed to leave the house, instead you will cook the goods with Sapphire.’

    Just being with Sapphire was punishment enough.  She was a year older than me and acted like a complete sweetheart around the adults but when it came to everybody younger she was a whole new person.

    “Red!!!”  I quickly ran into the bakery to see Sapphire sitting up on the counter.  Next to her was a half eaten cookie.  “There’s a list, I’ll be out.”  She blew me a kiss as she headed out of the bakery.  So much for working WITH her. 

    I bit my lip as I looked down at the orders.  One name I didn’t recognize.  ‘Jericho Run.’ He’d be here at 9:30 p.m.  I looked up at the clock. 

    “Hello.”  A deep husky voice traveled into my ears and I looked up at a handsome guy.  He had short blonde hair, startling gray eyes, muscles, not gross muscles though, just enough to know he works out, and the brightest smile ever. 

    “You must be Jericho.”  I questioned holding up the order form. 

    “Yes, city of the moon.”  I shifted my weight onto my other leg as I admired his body.  He was in a very well kept form.  I shook my head thinking about what he just said.  City of the moon?  People in town had normal names except for my family, vampires didn’t name themselves after the moon because that’s more of a.. werewolf name. 

    I quickly moved to the side as Jericho lunged at me. 

    “You’ve got to be kidding me.”  I said biting my lip.  Night was just in the other room sleeping he could get her. 

    “What do you want?”  I questioned trying to distract him and edging towards the part of my house. 

    “You, you’re a vampire.”

    “So?  We have a huge rivalry between us, but never has one of you came to our town.”

    “Not that you know of.”  He smirked.  “Your father killed my father for marrying my mother.  I bet you know Holly, Carl’s mother.”  I stopped moving and he took the advantage by jumping on my knocking me to the ground.  At least he wasn’t in his other form.  He was weaker this way.  I shoved him off my body sending him slamming into the wall hard. 

    I pulled myself up quickly and ran over to him ready to attack, but he didn’t move. 

    “Red?”  I heard a voice coming from the door that led to the house.  I turned around to see Night rubbing her eyes.  “Who is he?  He smells like dog.”  All of a sudden her face dropped as she ran over to me.  I scooped her up in my arms making sure to watch Jericho out of the corner of my eye.  He was passed out.

    “We can’t tell anybody about this.  Our little secret okay?”  I asked.  She nodded and put out her pinky.  I wrapped my pinky around hers and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

    “Now let’s bring him to our little place.”  My sister’s eyes widened in excitement.  We hadn’t been to ‘our little place’ in over a year.  My parents were going to be pissed, especially because I was grounded and taking my six year old little sister out into the wilderness with me in the middle of the night.  Not to mention werewolves travel in packs.  I’m just hoping to get lucky and not run into them.

    I set Night down and pulled Jericho up over my shoulder.  We headed through my house and out the back door which was already partially in the woods after Night shut the door saying we were closed. 

    “Why did daddy yell at you?”  Night asked as we ran up a huge hill.

    “I was trying to act normal so we could fit in more, but apparently that’s not allowed.  Never get a boyfriend.”  I said as we came to a stop.  We were on a cliff high enough to see past the trees and to a town that was beyond, way beyond.  Nobody from our town has ever left it, but there was a whole other town that they didn’t know about. Someday I was going to go to that town.

    I set Jericho down and yanked the rope down from the swing I had built for Night up here down.  I wrapped it around Jericho tying him right up against a tree.

    “Mommy and Daddy are going to be mad.”  Night said as we sat down dangling our legs over the cliff side.  I wrapped her in my arm pulling her close.

    “Not at you.”  I said giving her a squeeze.  “Night, I’m going to leave our town.”  Night looked up at me with her large bright green eyes, the same color as my own.  Even though there was ten years between us we were close as ever.  Night knew to understand my choices, and I knew that she wants a basic outlook on everything that has to do with me. 

    “To go look for others like us?” 

    “To go find what else is out there.”  I said looking at the town.  There was so much out there to be explored, I didn’t need to be delivering goodies every day of my life and dating that loser Carl.  My parents probably already broke up with him for me.

    “Promise me you’ll come back.”  She paused biting her lip.  She had picked up so many habits from me.  “On your birthday.”  She said.  My birthday had just passed not long ago.

    “No on your birthday.”  I poked her nose and a smile lit up her face.  Her birthday was in a few months.  A much less longer time period than my own.  “If I don’t come back though, know that I tried.  I tried really hard.”  She nodded as she got up turning around.

    “You should take Dark with you.”  I turned around to face her as she faced Jericho.  I watched as she headed towards him and poked him on the forehead.

    “Stop faking.”  She quickly stepped backwards a couple of steps as Jericho’s eyelids opened.  I was waiting for Night to notice. 

    “Dark you say?”  Jericho said with a sly smile.  My mother killed his parents.”

______________________________________________________________________________

Okay so this is one of the stories I've been working on and I decided I'll post the first chapter up to see if you guys like it!  If you do please comment or vote for it and I will make sure to continue it!  There will get to be a lot more stuff involved and the story will grow more, this is just to see if you guys like it!  I'll be gone for a week or so so when I come back I hope to see something from you guys!  If so, right when I get back I'll make sure to post the second chapter right away!  Thanks!  If you haven't already you can read my other story which is now completed Planet of Angels!