Chapter 9

I paced the room, walking back and forth.  I ran my fingers through my hair feeling incomplete.  Jericho was out looking for my cape and just wearing what I was now made me feel so not me.  I was supposed to be meeting my grandmother and Jericho’s grandfather.  I wanted to be me in front of them not somebody else.

    “He has no brains.”  Dark said walking into the room holding my cape.  I ran up to him and took the cape from him, quickly pulling it on. 

    “Your welcome..”   Dark said sounding somewhat mad.

    “Sorry.”  I said wrapping him in a hug.  I was now ready to take on anything. 

    A knock came from the door causing me to separate from Dark.  I headed over the door and opened it to find Jericho standing there looking pissed.  I felt air move behind me and I reached out my arm just in time to grab Dark by the arm.

    “Jericho’s stupid huh?”  I questioned a smile creeping on my face.  We all just laughed and I let go of Dark knowing that he just wanted to feel important.

    “You guys ready to meet your grandmother?”  Jericho questioned intertwining his fingers with my own.  Elecritcity shot through my body and I shook a little still not being used to it.  I don’t think I ever would be. 

    We walked out of the small cottage Alex,Dark,Jericho, and I were sharing and started walking down the streets.  I caught a glance of Alex talking with some boy.  A huge smile was spread on her face. 

    “I’ll be right back.”

    “Jeez, she’s already running off on you.”  Dark chuckled as I walked off towards Lucifer and Alex.  I approached them and Alex broke her gaze away from Lucifer.

    “Oh, Lucifer this is my friend Red.  The granddaughter of Little Red Riding Hood.  Red, Lucifer.”  Lucifer wrapped me in a hug.

    “Thank you so much.”  He whispered in my ear.  We pulled away and out of the corner of my eye I could see Jericho looking slightly pissed.  I laughed to myself and whispered back into Lucifer’s ear.

    “Are you doing better?”  I questioned for only him to hear.  He nodded knowing what I was talking about.

    “Well, it was nice meeting you Lucifer, but I must be off.”  Lucifer waved goodbye as I rushed back towards Jericho. 

    “What was that for?”  He asked wrapping his arm around my waist shooting tingles up my side.

    “Don’t worry about it.”  I said giving him a peck on the cheek.  Jericho tried hiding the smile, but it formed on his face.  I laughed to myself as I looked around.  The place really had advanced.  They still had the basic things, but at the same time their was new things.

    “We’re here.”  Jericho said stopping my train of thought.  We were in front of a cottage.  Jericho opened the door and slapped his hand.

    “That’s rude.”  I said staring him hard in the eyes.

    “No, it’s okay.  We already know you three are here.”  I heard a deep voice say from somewhere.  Jericho pulled me in and I grabbed onto Dark’s hand making sure he would follow.  We went into a kitchen where a lady and a man looking of different ages were sitting on a large rock that was placed in the dead center.  The lady looked more than several years older than the guy, but the lady looked familiar.  Somewhat like me.  She had dark brown hair and startling green eyes,soft lips, and tanned skin.

    “I can’t wait until we hit the same age.”  The lady said laughing.  “People are going to mistake us like crazy.”  I looked over her as she wore a red dress and watched me intently.  It was then that I realized she was my grandmother.  The guy was Jericho’s grandfather.  He had stopped aging at a certain point because his aging cycle didn’t go backwards.  He wanted to stay young so when my grandmother went back to being young they could be young together.

    “And Dark, you have grown so big.  Don’t worry I’ve kept my eye out on you guys.”  She laughed as she moved off the rock and wrapped us in hugs.  A couple of tears ran down my eyes and Dark just full out cried.

    “We thought you were dead!”  He weeped burying his face in his hands.  I moved over to him and rubbed circles on his back trying to make things better.  It was hard knowing that most of your life you thought the greatest grandmother ever was dead, when truthfully she wasn’t.

    “I know, I’m sorry, but we couldn’t tell anybody.  Not until we had this place down and secure.”  My grandmother said soothingly.  “Come with me and I’ll explain more.”  She said grabbing his hand and pulling him away.  I knew that she couldn’t really explain she just wanted to calm Dark down someplace more secluded.

    “Jericho.”  I heard the guy say.  Jericho smiled and the two shook hands.

    “Grandfather.” 

    “Well, I guess the love for our enemies runs in the family.  Besides your parents that is.”  Jericho pulled me in close to him and I smiled at his grandfather.

    “I always thought your relationship was weird, but now it seems perfect.”  His grandfather nodded and disappeared off into a room.

    “Why is there a rock in the middle of the kitchen?”  I questioned once everybody besides Jericho was out of hearing reach.  Jericho started cracking up laughing. 

    “Only soul mates can move that rock.  There’s something under it you know.”  I rose my eyebrows as I quickly rushed over to the rock motioning for him to follow. 

    He pushed the rock with me and it actually moved from it’s place.  Below it was a deep hole and a ladder. 

    “You have to be kidding me.”  I said peering down the hole. 

    “What are you kids doing?”  My grandma asked coming into the room.  I jumped away from the hole and slammed into the kitchen counter.

    “He made me do it!”  I said pointing to Jericho.  My grandma just chuckled. 

    “I knew you would get curious of that.  It’s a club.”  That made me stare at her wildly.  “Yeah, I know, what is a club doing underground in the middle of the kitchen.”  My grandma shrugged and sighed.  “Soul mates only.”  She said waggling her eyebrows.  “You two are going.”  She grabbed my hand and dragged me off.  I let her pull me as I wondered what a club was.  This village sure was advancing.

____________________________________________________________________________

Eesh!  Sorry I hadn't posted up a chapter in so long.  It's been so busy lately with school, a funeral. a now boyfriend, etc.  So.. I'll make sure to try to post super extra chapters this weekend because I really hate it when people don't update constantly.  I have a field hockey game today and tomorrow though which is going to be.. fun.  I'm not in the mood for field hockey, but I love it!  Eesh!  

So apparently Red's new world is evolving!  They already have clubs and Jericho and Red are going to be partying together.  Oh yeah!  Haha.  Yeah I have no idea where the club idea came from I just wanted to spice things up and make them somewhat more modern.    Hope you like it.  Any ideas?  I could definately use some!  Make sure to fan, comment, voteeee! :)