Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

After all the ass kicking I did today, I sure was tired. I decided to put the movie on since Alex wasn't moving to do it. He was to busy sitting on the ground pouting like a little baby.

"Alex, it's okay to admit you lost to a girl once in a while."  I say with a smirk.

"Autumn just shut up. You know I lose all the time. Dancing is just not my game." He said with a smirk, "But you know if it was Call of Duty, I would beat your ass." He smiled as he got up off the floor.

"Yeah, I would beat you then too Harris" I said with a smile. I have to admit, Alex is actually really good at that game. But you know I learned from the pro himself, so the student would be able to beat the teacher any day.

"Pshh. You know I would beat you Matthews, because you do know I taught you everything you know and I didn't teach you everything I know." He said with smirk. He sat on the couch and I laid down, putting my feet in his lap to get comfy for the movie.

"For the rematch, I get to pick the game next time Matthews." He said with a smirk.

The movie lasted a few hours. The room was covered in candy and popcorn because during the movie Alex and I kind of got bored and started throwing candy at each other, and when there was no candy left Alex started using the popcorn. I can say this is the best birthday yet.

After Alex's mom came down and yelled at us for the mess we made, we had to clean it up then head off the room we were sleeping in. Every year we usually sleep either in Alex's room in his bed or on the floor in the living room. As for this year, to the bed we go.

After I changed into my PJ's I went to Alex's room and checked my phone and I saw I had a message.

"So beautiful now since you know who I am, what do you think about getting to know each other more? Ask me anything and I'll answer it honestly." I read. God I know everything about this guy, but then again it may just be rumors. Like how he knocked a guy out with one punch.

"How do you even know me? We have no classes together" I text back. Honestly that's what I really want to know. Hunter barely knows me, but now apparently he likes me? Yes he is hot, and every girl likes this bad boy but I don't know what is the big deal about me is. Hunter can have any girl he wants, but he chooses me to crush on? My thoughts are interrupted by Alex coming back into the room.

"Who you texting? Your crush?" Alex said with a smirk.

"It's no one. Plus, I would tell you if I liked anyone Alex you're my best friend, I tell you everything" I said with a smile.

Well I tell him almost everything. If I tell Alex this he would freak out. Alex is like my protective older brother when guys try to talk to me. He doesn't want to see me get hurt again, so he does anything to prevent this.

"Well it's someone if your texting them. But I can take a hint; you don't want to talk about it. It's cool" he said with a genuine smile.

I climb into bed an get comfy under the covers and Alex gets in the other side. Just about to fall asleep when my phone goes off again.

"Dammit Autumn! If you're going to text all night long, at least put it on silent." Alex said, I guess he was about to fall asleep too.

"Sorry Alex." I say as I put my phone on silent. I open up the message so I can read it.

"How can I not know you Autumn, you're a beautiful girl. Everyone knows you, even if you don't realize they do. "

Well that's just a bit creepy. I decide to text back. "Okay then. How did you get my number then?"  This time it takes him no time to text back.  I opened up the message and read.

"Jared Dawson."

Oh my god! Why did Jared give my number to Hunter of all people? There is something not right about this. I text back.

"How do you know Jared? And why did he give you my number?"

Hunter is such a creep. He probably blackmailed Jared into it. He had to have done that, why would Jared just give out numbers to anyone who asks. My thoughts are once again interrupted by the text I just received from Hunter.

"He's my cousin, and since he has Chemistry with you I asked him to get me your number."

So Jared lied about the whole 'I need help studying' just to help his cousin get a girl? Wait. Jared was going to say something before the bell interrupted us talking. He was probably going to tell me about it. I knew he was just too nice to just give out numbers, well maybe I doubted him for just a second.

So the popular Jared Dawson is cousins with the bad boy Hunter Blaze? As in the Hunter Blaze who is constantly getting into trouble with the school, the law, pretty much breaking every rule. Hunter Blaze, the bad boy, likes me, Autumn Matthews, the loner? What is going on in this world? This is a little extreme for me.