Chapter Two

Chapter 2

I got in my car and turned on the radio to my favorite station. Just as I started my car the DJ says

"This next song is dedicated to a special birthday girl, from a friend of hers."

"Aw... How sweet of her friend" I said to myself.

"Happy Birthday Autumn, from Alex. This next song goes out to you and only you on your special day." The DJ said as I gawked in awe as my favourite song comes on the radio.

"When I look into your eyes 

It's like watching the night sky 

Or a beautiful sunrise 

Well, there's so much they hold 

And just like them old stars 

I see that you've come so far 

To be right where you are 

How old is your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us 

Even if the skies get rough 

I'm giving you all my love 

I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space 

To do some navigating 

I'll be here patiently waiting 

To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn 

Some even fall to the earth 

We've got a lot to learn 

God knows we're worth it 

No, I won't give up"

How can Alex do this? This dude is so getting a hug the first time my eyes spot him at school. I'm going to run up to him and give him a big bear hug and scream 'Thank You So Much!' Well maybe not the screaming part.

As I walk down the halls to my locker, I got birthday wishes from people I barely knew.

"Happy Birthday Autumn" said a girl from my Math class. I think. Or maybe it was it my History class? I don't know, but whatever it was I had a class with her and Alex.

Alex. What did he do?! There is something wrong with that kid, somewhere in that head of his.

I turned down the hall which my locker was in and saw notes on lockers and walls saying "Make sure to wish Autumn Matthews a Happy Birthday Today!"

Ugh... I'm so taking back that hug I was going to give him. He knows that I hate bringing attention to myself.

I went to my locker, W601, the last locker in that hall. All I saw were balloons and streamers and a big sign saying 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUTUMN' in big bold letters. Oh where is he, I'm going to kill him for this! God, I told you this kid isn't right in the head.

I go to open up my locker, when I noticed the lock already open. Did I really have it open this whole time? I take that back, I'm the one that's messed in the head.

I go to open up the door, but before I can reach it, it gets pushed open and almost hits me square in the face. Out pops Alex, being all Alex like. Right then I mentally face palm myself realising if I did leave my locker open Alex would have locked it for me when he decorated the locker.

"Happy Birthday Autumn" Alex says as he pulls me into a bear hug.

"Can't....Breath...." Alex lets go after he realises he's squeezing me to hard.

"Ha Sorry, Auto" Alex said with a sweet smile on his face.

"It's okay, Lex" I said with a smirk, knowing Alex hates that nickname. But what can I say? It stuck with me.

"Autumn, I hate you" he said with a grin.

"Then stop calling me Auto, then I'll stop with the Lex, Lex" I said holding my pinky finger out.

"Deal Auto" as Alex locked his pinky with mine.

"Deal" we both said as the bell rang. We both grabbed our books from our lockers and headed off to first period, English.