Chapter Six

Chapter 6         

After about an hour or two, my stomach starts to growl. 

“Okay then, I guess that means it’s time to eat” Alex says with a smirk. I never knew it was that loud. We walk out of American Eagle and head for the nearby escalator.  I’m always so scared of these things, always has been since I was a child. I don’t know what it is, but I hate them. Maybe it was the one time I pulled a Buddy the Elf and did the splits on them. Yep, that was probably it.

As we walk up to the doors to Kelsey’s, you can already smell food and it makes me even hungrier.

“Hello, welcome to Kelsey’s, Table for two?” the waiter asks looking at Alex

“Yes please” Alex responds with a smile. He is always the nicest person in the world.  I don’t know how I was so blessed with a friend like him.

The waiter directs us to a booth in the middle of the room. As Alex and I sit down I get another text.

“I see you, beautiful” and again it’s from ‘Unknown’. Who does this guy think he is? Prince Charming? He won’t even say a name to me. This guy is definitely a creep. I look around the restaurant as I text “Again I ask, who are you?” I look for anyone on their phones. Only 2 stick out for me. Jared Dawson, who is sitting by the window with…. Victoria Reynolds. Oh god, I hate that girl. Ever since I was little she always called me shorty, even If I was the same height as her or even taller. I can’t believe he’s here with her.

The second person is Mr. Adams, or Chace as the girls call him. Seeing teachers out of school is like seeing a dog walk on their hind legs. He’s wearing the same things he always does too, a suit and a tie. He is always way to formal, it’s kind of ridiculous. Anyway, he’s with this teacher. Umm, what’s her name… she’s a Drama teacher at our school. Miss. Parker, that’s it. Well don’t get me wrong, she is beautiful. She has all the guys in the hall looking at her constantly. Once her skirt was riding up, and none of the guys in her class told her. But the thing is, after she found out she brushed it off like it was no big deal. You can so tell she was popular at school when she was our age.

I get another text, “It doesn’t matter beautiful, so why are you here with Alex Harris?” this person is annoying. If he knows so much about me, wouldn’t he think that Alex is my best friend? Unless he’s not in our grade. I look around to see if there is anyone else from our school. All I see is one person, there alone staring right back at me. And that is the major bad boy in our school, Hunter Blaze. Now, don’t get me wrong he’s gorgeous. With his brown shaggy hair, and the way he talks all husky like.

“So you spot me, huh?” he texted back. All I do is sit back and smile. I finally know who this mystery stalker person is.

“What are you smiling about?” Alex asks, when I realise I’m still smiling.

“Oh nothing” I say back. I finally realise that my food is here. Alex ordered for me, and it was my favorite too. Oh he knows me so well.

“Okay, so today are we going to mix it up? Sleepover at my place and watch a movie instead of yours?” Alex asks. Yes, I know what you think, “sleepover”. But really that’s all it is, watching movies until early morning then passing out of the floor and waking up to the smell of dinner. Or in our case, breakfast.

“Yeah sure,” I said with a smile, “But I get to pick the movie then” I said with a smirk. We always have it that the guest gets to pick the movie out. So it’s my turn now.

“Fine.” Alex’s sighs, “But don’t pick something gay like ‘High School Musical’ or something.” Who does he think I am? A 10 year old, falling ‘in love’ with a popular guy that can’t sing? Pshh no way.

“No, I choose to watch… Bridesmaids” I said with a big grin, knowing Alex doesn’t get the point of the movie. There is no point; it’s just funny to watch with friends.

“Fine… Again” he says with a smirk.

I dig into my food, my favourite in the whole world of Kelsey’s, Hand-Breaded Chicken Parmesan. And yes, I get that every single time because it’s so delicious!