Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

After the dinner we didn’t do much. We went to the hospital, and gave the bear to a little girl named Grace.  Grace has Leukemia and after we gave her the bear we named Hope she had a smile on her face.

I dropped Alex off at my house so he can get his car and drive home. I see that no one is home still. I wonder why no one is home, usually Ava is home by now but she might be out with some friends. I go upstairs to get some stuff packed for Alex’s house when I get another text.

“So Beautiful, you didn’t answer my question. Why were you at Kelsey’s with Alex Harris?” Hunter asks.

I text back, “Well since it was my birthday, he took me out for dinner like usual. I thought you would know that since you got my number. Speaking of that, how did you get my number?” I ask honestly not knowing who the bad boy got my number from.

I pack up my bag with some essentials a girl needs. I also pack my bag with the movie Bridesmaids and some popcorn, knowing that Mrs. Harris never keeps any around the house. Now you know why he’s always here for sleepovers and not his place.

I get a text back from Hunter, “I got it from someone, and it doesn’t matter. So what are you planning on doing tonight?” well I’m staying up late in my onesie, watching Bridesmaids and getting fat on popcorn all night long. But in what girl’s right mind is she going to tell a guy that? Exactly, no one does.

“Oh nothing, might just watch some movies” I text back. Well that’s part of the truth.

I get my bag and walk downstairs to grab some popcorn to put in the bag, when I get another text.

“Oh what a fun birthday…” I can hear the sarcasm in the text. It’s sad that I am spending my 17th birthday at Alex’s house.  Sometimes I wish I was a daring, fun, and an outgoing girl that goes to all the parties and just has fun. But then at times, I know I could never be that person, and I love being the one friend kind of girl.

“Yup, that’s me.”  I text back. I have to get going to Alex’s or he’s going to think I’m dead in a ditch somewhere and is going to call missing persons or something. Alex is the kind of person who is always on time, but me on the other hand, I’m the complete opposite. Alex always helps me get on time for everything, and that’s what I love about him.

I put three boxes of popcorn in my bag, and head out the door.